Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
P2Pool 
Author Message

Posts: 796
os: mac
Reply with quote
Post P2Pool
What is the current problem with P2Pool merged mining? I would like to get a bounty going for it.

_________________
DNS is much more than a key->value datastore.


Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:21 pm
Profile

Posts: 1625
Reply with quote
Post Re: P2Pool
The problem is that chains additional to Bitcoin are currently solo mined. Thus variance is high.

Maybe we should put an explanation of how to do it on the wiki. Like this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic ... msg8440650

_________________
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum


Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:30 am
Profile

Posts: 1919
os: linux
Reply with quote
Post Re: P2Pool
phelix wrote:
The problem is that chains additional to Bitcoin are currently solo mined. Thus variance is high.

Maybe we should put an explanation of how to do it on the wiki. Like this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic ... msg8440650


I think either midnightmagic or Luke-Jr (can't remember who) was saying that merged mining and P2Pool could be fixed; anyone have details on that?

_________________
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5


Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:20 am
Profile

Posts: 796
os: mac
Reply with quote
Post Re: P2Pool
biolizard89 wrote:
phelix wrote:
The problem is that chains additional to Bitcoin are currently solo mined. Thus variance is high.

Maybe we should put an explanation of how to do it on the wiki. Like this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic ... msg8440650


I think either midnightmagic or Luke-Jr (can't remember who) was saying that merged mining and P2Pool could be fixed; anyone have details on that?


Could we ask the main P2Pool dev to setup a bounty?

_________________
DNS is much more than a key->value datastore.


Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:49 am
Profile

Posts: 1625
Reply with quote
Post Re: P2Pool
indolering wrote:
biolizard89 wrote:
phelix wrote:
The problem is that chains additional to Bitcoin are currently solo mined. Thus variance is high.

Maybe we should put an explanation of how to do it on the wiki. Like this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic ... msg8440650


I think either midnightmagic or Luke-Jr (can't remember who) was saying that merged mining and P2Pool could be fixed; anyone have details on that?


Could we ask the main P2Pool dev to setup a bounty?

Never got an answer from forrest about that.

Actually getting this issue fixed would help decentralize Bitcoin mining a lot so maybe we could get an official Bitcoin bounty/grant.

_________________
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum


Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:32 pm
Profile

Posts: 796
os: mac
Reply with quote
Post Re: P2Pool
phelix wrote:

Actually it getting this issue fixed would help decentralize Bitcoin mining a lot so maybe we could get an official Bitcoin bounty/grant.


I've sent in a few Bitcoin grant requests, if you want to writeup the technical details I'd be happy to review and submit it.

_________________
DNS is much more than a key->value datastore.


Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:59 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.