where are dem Namecoins

Nesetalis

where are dem Namecoins

Post by Nesetalis »

Am I just bashing my head ineffectually against the wall here? I've been going at it for hours.. with 25Mhash/s (not the fastest miner, but i figure with such a low difficulty i should be able to get something... right?)

what timeframe should I expect to get a coin?

-edit-
Alright, i gave up, staring at the khash/s message for hours got to me... maybe i'm doing it wrong, i dunno, probably just dont have fast enough gear to successfully mine namecoins.

khal
Site Admin

Re: where are dem Namecoins

Post by khal »

I'm mining at 5Mh/s since 5 days, and still nothing...

The current difficulty is 290 :
http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator.php
NamecoinID: id/khal
GPG : 9CC5B92E965D69A9
NMC: N1KHAL5C1CRzy58NdJwp1tbLze3XrkFxx9
BTC: 1KHAL8bUjnkMRMg9yd2dNrYnJgZGH8Nj6T

Register Namecoin domains with BTC
My bitcoin Identity - Send messages to bitcoin users
Charity Ad - Make a good deed without paying a cent

Nesetalis

Post by Nesetalis »

ew... yea.. probably better bet for me to buy them from others with BTC i'm mining in a pool.

khal
Site Admin

Post by khal »

Bitcoin difficulty : 157426
Namecoin difficulty : 290 (change the difficulty value in the calculator)

It is much easier to getnamecoins than bitcoins (500 times).
You can buy 200NC for 1BTC, so NC are 2,5 times cheaper.

Nesetalis

Post by Nesetalis »

sure, but in a pool, at my rate, i spent some 12 hours mining for namecoins.. didnt find one, nor any response to show that it was doing anything (which is rather disenheartening come to think of it :p come back after 10 hours, see the blank black window as if it had been doing nothing!)
anyway, in the rest of the time, ive made just under a bitcoin.
its all about percieved progress.

mikkl

Post by mikkl »

If I did get lucky and generate some NC, where would I be able to see this? "namecoind.exe listaccounts"?

khal
Site Admin

Post by khal »

To view immature blocks :

Code: Select all

namecoind.exe listtransactions
To view your total balance :

Code: Select all

namecoind.exe getbalance

Dhomochevsky

Post by Dhomochevsky »

Quick question:

Does miners' hashing strength accumulate when solo mining? Or does each one get a block to solve?

I have 2 rigs with three miners each, plus my computer, which also acts as a server. I started the server, pointed my graphics card to localhost and started mining, then pointed each miner from the 2 rigs to the server through LAN and started mining with them too. My hashing power should net me one block at 7 hrs on average. It's been more than nine hours and still no block - of course, this is probably just variance, but I'm wondering, is the hashing power divided or unified? Will I get 1 block at smaller time intervals or 7 blocks (the number of miners I have) at greater time intervals?

bitlackey

Post by bitlackey »

Dhomochevsky wrote:Quick question:

Does miners' hashing strength accumulate when solo mining? Or does each one get a block to solve?

I have 2 rigs with three miners each, plus my computer, which also acts as a server. I started the server, pointed my graphics card to localhost and started mining, then pointed each miner from the 2 rigs to the server through LAN and started mining with them too. My hashing power should net me one block at 7 hrs on average. It's been more than nine hours and still no block - of course, this is probably just variance, but I'm wondering, is the hashing power divided or unified? Will I get 1 block at smaller time intervals or 7 blocks (the number of miners I have) at greater time intervals?
Hang in there, I tried mining solo last night when the bitparking pool went down and hit nothing that night.
I switched back to the pool and it seemed like it was spitting out blocks slower, tonight I switched back to solo and hit 2 blocks within an few hours of starting.
I'm running at 1200mh/s which should average a block every 15hours.

Clockmaker

Post by Clockmaker »

i did the same thing, about 10 minutes before I woke up I got a block, if i had woken up 10 minutes earlier I would have lost that 50 coin :D

the only pool atm is constantly being dogged by problems best to avoid while you can afford to do so