Whoops - bitparking pool with bitcoin address

elpresidente

Whoops - bitparking pool with bitcoin address

Post by elpresidente »

So in a sleep deprived state, I flubbed a copy and paste between computers via VNC and ended up using a bitcoin address to pool mine the bitparking namecoin pool with one of my miners. Does anybody know how to retrieve those nmc? Maybe backup Bitcoin wallet, then use bitcoinc with namecoin wallet? It's only 3 nmc so I'm not too concerned but I thought if there's a way to get them to the proper waller, I'd give it a shot.

TIA.

drknark

Re: Whoops - bitparking pool with bitcoin address

Post by drknark »

Edit - looks like it might be possible: http://dot-bit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=115

News to me :)

Chucksta

Post by Chucksta »

Odd, I would have thought it would have said it was an invalid address :?

Ah, it is, and the previously posted link says how to solve it :)

Dinker

Post by Dinker »

I've just done the same thing!! :x
Hopefully they can recover my lost coins.

pennytrader

Post by pennytrader »

I made the same mistake and contacted doublec and he actually helped me resolved the issue (by sending me the lost 15 namecoins).

After that, I made another dumb mistake by reusing the same deposit address twice (well, I throught I replaced it using "copy & paste" but hey, in cmd.exe it's easier to make mistake). So that's another 9 namecoins lost. I contacted him again and hasn't heard from him yet.

Still good customer service :)

(BTW, In mtgox, you're actually allowed to reuse the same deposit address twice. Guess the implementation in bitparking exchange is different.)

doublec

Post by doublec »

pennytrader wrote:I made the same mistake and contacted doublec and he actually helped me resolved the issue (by sending me the lost 15 namecoins).

After that, I made another dumb mistake by reusing the same deposit address twice (well, I throught I replaced it using "copy & paste" but hey, in cmd.exe it's easier to make mistake). So that's another 9 namecoins lost. I contacted him again and hasn't heard from him yet.

(BTW, In mtgox, you're actually allowed to reuse the same deposit address twice. Guess the implementation in bitparking exchange is different.)
If you've emailed me you're in the list of funds to be recovered. There's too many to respond to every email - I reply as I fix them, which can take a number of days.

pennytrader

Post by pennytrader »

doublec wrote:
pennytrader wrote:I made the same mistake and contacted doublec and he actually helped me resolved the issue (by sending me the lost 15 namecoins).

If you've emailed me you're in the list of funds to be recovered. There's too many to respond to every email - I reply as I fix them, which can take a number of days.
Great to know. My first email to you was responded very quickly (the same day) so I assume you were always that fast. But I guess you must be overwhelmed now since a huge amount of people are mining namecoins and use your exchange system recently. :)

doublec

Post by doublec »

pennytrader wrote: Great to know. My first email to you was responded very quickly (the same day) so I assume you were always that fast. But I guess you must be overwhelmed now since a huge amount of people are mining namecoins and use your exchange system recently. :)
Yep, there have been a ton of people having issues with multiple deposits and depositing to bitcoin instead of namecoin addresses.