namecoin-meta repo

biolizard89

namecoin-meta repo

Post by biolizard89 »

Right now various GitHub tickets are showing up in namecoin/namecoin which have nothing to do with the code in that repo. I propose creating a namecoin/namecoin-meta repo for tickets relating to Namecoin which aren't specific to a particular set of code that we distribute.

This was briefly discussed on IRC and on GitHub; I didn't hear any objections, but if there are any concerns about this, I'd love to hear them.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

jonasbits

Re: namecoin-meta repo

Post by jonasbits »

I think this should get a go ahead from everybody!
My Namecoin address: NC3HGHk527xuWZBgMdGJ2GxjpRSw8D4oA6

phelix

Post by phelix »

Would this repo still be code related only?

At first I thought you meant a repo that would be used for general documents (e.g. roadmap) and track general tickets.

Regarding the code related related repo it seems tidier to me to switch repos at some particular point such that there always is only one master repo. I don't have a very strong opinion on it though.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

phelix wrote:Would this repo still be code related only?

At first I thought you meant a repo that would be used for general documents (e.g. roadmap) and track general tickets.

Regarding the code related related repo it seems tidier to me to switch repos at some particular point such that there always is only one master repo. I don't have a very strong opinion on it though.
Basically I'm envisioning a repo for tracking tickets that aren't specific to an individual subproject like namecoind or NMControl, but are relevant to Namecoin. These could be logistical tickets (e.g. getting tax-exempt status), or tickets related to code that doesn't have its own repo (e.g. the rebase on Bitcoin Core before it had its own repo).

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

phelix

Post by phelix »

biolizard89 wrote:

Basically I'm envisioning a repo for tracking tickets that aren't specific to an individual subproject like namecoind or NMControl, but are relevant to Namecoin. These could be logistical tickets (e.g. getting tax-exempt status), or tickets related to code that doesn't have its own repo (e.g. the rebase on Bitcoin Core before it had its own repo).
+1 to the general purpose repo.

https://github.com/namecoin/meta
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

phelix wrote:
biolizard89 wrote:

+1 to the general purpose repo.

https://github.com/namecoin/meta
Thanks phelix!