Announcements

indolering

Announcements

Post by indolering »

So, I was setting up the new alerts list and trying to update the website and then I started counting the number of place people ware supposed to be able to get their news.

There is a BitcoinTalk thread, a forum alerts thread, a forum updates thread, the forum, twitter, the alert mailing list, developer mailing list, and reddit.

Do people really follow us through specific forum stickies? I've never really been into forums, but these stickies always seem like a lot of work to parse.

Do people really follow the BitcoinTalk thread?

I would like to prioritize it like so:
  • Single forum link
  • social networking (expands to tumblr, reddit, facebook, Twitter, G+)
  • Github site (link to mailing lists on Github page (one line))
Maybe move the developer and alert mailing lists off the front page entirely. Tumblr news feed would be embedded at the bottom of the page.
DNS is much more than a key->value datastore.

foglight

Re: Announcements

Post by foglight »

i've followed the forums since the beginning.

i would suggest continuing to post NMC-QT updates to snailbrain's QT thread in alt-currencies.
i would also suggest continuing to post updates to vinced's namecoin thread in the main project dev subforum.

these are both good spots for finding large but different groups of users. I think the other nmc threads are dead on there and can be forgotten about.

phelix

Post by phelix »

Are you talking about the wiki frontpage? btw I think the link to the developer list needs to be updated.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

indolering

Post by indolering »

phelix wrote:Are you talking about the wiki frontpage? btw I think the link to the developer list needs to be updated.
Nah, this is basically a dup of your comms channel post.
DNS is much more than a key->value datastore.