NEP Procedure?

biolizard89

NEP Procedure?

Post by biolizard89 »

So did we ever come up with a NEP procedure? I have a NEP on the wiki right now, but I'm making up procedure as I go, which probably isn't great.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

indolering

Re: NEP Procedure?

Post by indolering »

Ugh, it's a nightmare.

There was some discussion to just do it via Github, but that would prevent everyone from submitting one that doesn't have access to that repo.

The wiki doesn't support document workflows and it's generally a terrible choice.

I really want roll something by hand via Drupal and add discussion via Vanilla forum embeds. But that would require time, which I don't have.

I vote for just keeping it on the wiki and tagging it in the NEP category and posting discussion here. We can limp along like that until we get enough time to do it right.
DNS is much more than a key->value datastore.

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

indolering wrote:Ugh, it's a nightmare.

There was some discussion to just do it via Github, but that would prevent everyone from submitting one that doesn't have access to that repo.

The wiki doesn't support document workflows and it's generally a terrible choice.

I really want roll something by hand via Drupal and add discussion via Vanilla forum embeds. But that would require time, which I don't have.

I vote for just keeping it on the wiki and tagging it in the NEP category and posting discussion here. We can limp along like that until we get enough time to do it right.
I placed it in my user namespace so that other users can't edit it; that seems like a decent way to avoid vandalism. Is this a good idea?

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

indolering

Post by indolering »

Can we discuss still? I setup that validated system, it should hide unvalidated edits.

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

indolering wrote:Can we discuss still? I setup that validated system, it should hide unvalidated edits.
Clearly I'm unaware of this validation system, can you explain how it works?

indolering

Post by indolering »

biolizard89 wrote:
indolering wrote:Can we discuss still? I setup that validated system, it should hide unvalidated edits.
Clearly I'm unaware of this validation system, can you explain how it works?
It's the FlaggedRevisions plugin, sysops have their edits automatically approved but everyone elses requires approval before showing up to a standard user (I think). At the very least, they get a warning that it hasn't been validated.