Small additional of optional fields for identity records

midnightmagic

Small additional of optional fields for identity records

Post by midnightmagic »

I want to add the following optional references to external trust

Since signatures can't sign themselves but they can sign each other, we should use a specific selective order for signature iteration; I propose the following order:

1. bitcoinsignature a.k.a. btcsig
2. namecoinsignature a.k.a. nmcsig
3. pgpsignature a.k.a. pgpsig

Method of signature:

. Remove all signature records except the signature types of *earlier* precedence, sign remaining data as a string json object including internal json structure and spacing (so, basically just the full raw object as stored in the namecoin value field, then sign the string, and insert the signature into its place in the json struct)
. Removal of the signature records will be self-inclusive only, and not include any surrounding spaces or json structure excepting the single comma which is required for that one signature record and any intervening json whitespace
. In this way, a nmcsig will *include* the btcsig in its signature, if the btcsig is present, and the pgpsig will include the btcsig, and then the nmcsig, in its signature, if either or both are present in the record

If I get no objections, I'll go ahead and make the change to the wiki's id/ standard.

I would also like to solidify the gpg fingerprint form; it should be specified as long-form fingerprint ONLY. Short-forms disallowed, for security reasons.

I would also like to shorten the identifier strings to optionally be human-readable short forms to promote the efficient use of available space for information density purposes.