message.namecoin.info?

indolering

message.namecoin.info?

Post by indolering »

BitMessage is powered by Namecoin but there is hardly a mention of them on the site. Anyone think we should do a landing page for them like we are doing for id.namecoin and bit.namecoin?
DNS is much more than a key->value datastore.

domob

Re: message.namecoin.info?

Post by domob »

Honestly, I wouldn't it call "powered by Namecoin". Bitmessage includes support for Namecoin IDs, but this is fully optional and also not the "core" part "powering" Bitmessage. Bitmessage is mentioned on the ID wiki page (IIRC), I think it should be mentioned in the context of ID but not somewhere else. It is no "separate" usage of Namecoin in any case.

(But I'm totally in favour of highlighting uses of Namecoin, including the Bitmessage-ID-support.)
BTC: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS
Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/

virtual_master

Post by virtual_master »

indolering wrote:BitMessage is powered by Namecoin but there is hardly a mention of them on the site. Anyone think we should do a landing page for them like we are doing for id.namecoin and bit.namecoin?
Many people who are using Bitmessage doesn't know that they can use with Namecoin ID also. Of course we could spread more information about the achievements of our developers in the last time. But we shouldn't use an offensive language and suggest that Bitmessage would be just a side-project of Namecoin.

Generally we need a better marketing and more informative work in areas where Namecoin could be used or it is relevant somehow.
I am thinking to make a collection of links to other projects and especially to their forums to inform the people about the new possibilities for their projects when integrating Namecoin. They are a lot of forums for privacy, freedom, energy saving, gaming and other where people needs to be informed about Namecoin.
http://namecoinia.org/
Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba | NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S

phelix

Post by phelix »

New website says:
> Private, secure, and decentralized messaging.

I guess it is promising a little too much.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

indolering

Post by indolering »

Sorry, I was totally wrong about this. I was trying to manually install it on linux and the install script gave me the impression that it was based mainly on Namecoin. I thought of how it could work using Namecoin and given everyone's enthusiasm for BitMessage I jumped to the wrong conclusion.
DNS is much more than a key->value datastore.