Pseudo Stealth Addresses

phelix

Pseudo Stealth Addresses

Post by phelix »

1.) put a link into an ID
2.) to make a payment query that link
3.) receive an address signed by the ID holding address (or "signer")
--> secure fresh address for every payment :D

Should be relatively simple to create a php script to hand out presigned addresses. Could need some rate limiting.

The server can collect IP addresses and can connect the addresses together but it should be simple to run this on your own server.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

domob

Re: Pseudo Stealth Addresses

Post by domob »

Sounds like a useful thing, at least if you have a server (as I do). I think that I mentioned something like this on the Munich demo. This could be part of the Electrum integration, for instance.
BTC: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS
Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/

phelix

Post by phelix »

domob wrote:Sounds like a useful thing, at least if you have a server (as I do). I think that I mentioned something like this on the Munich demo. This could be part of the Electrum integration, for instance.
Sorry if I stole your idea :p

Real stealth addresses of course would be better....

domob

Post by domob »

phelix wrote:
domob wrote:Sounds like a useful thing, at least if you have a server (as I do). I think that I mentioned something like this on the Munich demo. This could be part of the Electrum integration, for instance.
Sorry if I stole your idea :p

Real stealth addresses of course would be better....
No problem, I still think this is a good idea for those who have a server, and it is surely much better than a static address. I think we should actually follow this idea (as one option) when Electrum support is done (or something related).
BTC: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS
Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/

virtual_master

Post by virtual_master »

phelix wrote:1.) put a link into an ID
2.) to make a payment query that link
3.) receive an address signed by the ID holding address (or "signer")
--> secure fresh address for every payment :D

Should be relatively simple to create a php script to hand out presigned addresses. Could need some rate limiting.

The server can collect IP addresses and can connect the addresses together but it should be simple to run this on your own server.
This is a remarkable idea and I am sure it has a future.
But it has also some week points depending how applied:
- you need an own server at home for running or at a well secured place
- you use an account on a centralized server then you take in account some attack possibilities
(if the central server with the script delivering your payment/donation addresses is hacked then any address could be showed to the users and you could eventually even never know the amounts lost)

May be a proper solution could be found to make this more secure and easier to use for ex. with a Namecoin Application Server for some Namecoin related security services(for special fee) like the above mentioned Bitcoin/Namecoin anonymous one time donation/payment links or a Dead Man's Switch which solves inheritance of the coins.
http://namecoinia.org/
Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba | NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S

virtual_master

Post by virtual_master »

I have spoken with some Bitcoin friends about how could be solved and we brainstormed about it. Finally we hacked out a revolutionary new method how could be done a completely decentralized individual public key generation for each transaction without the possibility to recognize the connection between each address. I will make a description and maybe an infographic also.
Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba | NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S

phelix

Post by phelix »

virtual_master wrote:I have spoken with some Bitcoin friends about how could be solved and we brainstormed about it. Finally we hacked out a revolutionary new method how could be done a completely decentralized individual public key generation for each transaction without the possibility to recognize the connection between each address. I will make a description and maybe an infographic also.
Sounds interesting. Are you aware of HD wallets and stealth addresses?

Also note that with my suggestion the only risk is the loss of privacy (connection of the addresses).

IMHO having a bunch of signed addresses at a trusted server (company/service?) is still better than using a normal address.

Well, maybe for the occasional transaction it's simpler to just request an address via BM.

virtual_master

Post by virtual_master »

phelix wrote:Are you aware of HD wallets and stealth addresses?
Yes. I remarked after it, that they are already some similar ideas written and I thought maybe doesn't have sense that I write a white paper because somebody is already implementing it.
And indeed in dark wallet is now implemented something similar as stealth transaction based on generated stealth addresses.
http://sourceforge.net/p/bitcoin/mailma ... /31813471/
The basic idea was that the blockchain to be used used to transmit the derivation key (encrypted assimetric) and stored with the transaction. The public key for the assimetric encryption for that should be taken from the Namecoin ID of the receiver.
The derivation key and the the master private key will be used to generate a bip32 private key by the receiver.
The public master key and the derivation key will be used to generate a bip32 address key by the sender. The public master key could be taken also from the Namecoin ID of the receiver.
Beside of this the sender needs to send a trigger key encrypted with the public key of the receiver and the receiver needs to watch all transactions to find when was triggered a transaction for him.(in which case the private key can be decrypted automatically by the wallet and introduced in his holding coin amount.
We have discussed some variations of the idea but the differences where only by the the transmission of the derivation key, the asymmetric encryption method and the triggering/watching/embedding process in the wallet.