Future wiki : deciding of the software

indolering

Re: Future wiki : deciding of the software

Post by indolering »

phelix wrote: * The start page needs to be protected (is it?)
Yes, as are the pages on building and installing Namecoin and the donations page. However, the top two addresses on the donate page are different than what is on Namecoin.info BUT they appear to be the same as the addresses listed on the original wiki.
phelix wrote: * it's hard to see that it is a wiki
If you are logged in, the "actions" button on the top of the screen will have "change protection" if it is currently protected.
phelix wrote: * it's hard to see that you can easily register and edit pages (can you?)
* IMHO the old main page was better structured with the lists on the side
Currently, one has to manually navigate to a desired page to add it. If you have the time to customize a skin, check out Chameleon. I've trying to get everyone to stick to Bootstrap based styling to make porting easier.
phelix wrote: OK, I should get my own hands dirty, isn't that the whole point of a wiki. ;)
:D
DNS is much more than a key->value datastore.

phelix

Post by phelix »

indolering wrote:
Yes, as are the pages on building and installing Namecoin and the donations page. However, the top two addresses on the donate page are different than what is on Namecoin.info BUT they appear to be the same as the addresses listed on the original wiki.
When NMDF was created I had not realized there were already donation addresses. Donation addresses from the wiki are held by Khal, the ones on namecoin.info are held by me. Probably Khal would agree that the funds are pretty much interchangeable though in the past Khal rather paid for basic stuff like server fees and so on while NMDF paid out bounties for a couple new things and innovations.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

indolering

Post by indolering »

phelix wrote:
indolering wrote:
When NMDF was created I had not realized there were already donation addresses. Donation addresses from the wiki are held by Khal, the ones on namecoin.info are held by me. Probably Khal would agree that the funds are pretty much interchangeable though in the past Khal rather paid for basic stuff like server fees and so on while NMDF paid out bounties for a couple new things and innovations.
We should probably get that sorted out eventually, but I don't see any problems with the current setup.

indolering

Post by indolering »

Also, I'm trying to come up with a way to have suggested edits on protected pages. Not much luck so far.

phelix

Post by phelix »

indolering wrote:Also, I'm trying to come up with a way to have suggested edits on protected pages. Not much luck so far.
Maybe simply with a mirror page?
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

indolering

Post by indolering »

phelix wrote:
indolering wrote:Also, I'm trying to come up with a way to have suggested edits on protected pages. Not much luck so far.
Maybe simply with a mirror page?
Ahh, that's an elegant solution!