Merge/deprecate one of: id or p namespaces?

sugarpuff

Merge/deprecate one of: id or p namespaces?

Post by sugarpuff »

These two namespaces seem to be fulfilling the same role, so can we either merge them or deprecate one of them? My vote is for 'id' to stay, and for 'p' to be merged into it (or deprecated).

Please feel free to enlighten me and point out where I'm misunderstanding their purposes (if I am).

biolizard89

Re: Merge/deprecate one of: id or p namespaces?

Post by biolizard89 »

sugarpuff wrote:These two namespaces seem to be fulfilling the same role, so can we either merge them or deprecate one of them? My vote is for 'id' to stay, and for 'p' to be merged into it (or deprecated).

Please feel free to enlighten me and point out where I'm misunderstanding their purposes (if I am).
As far as I know, p/, a/, tor/, and i2p/ are deprecated in favor of id/ and d/. This should be made more clear in the wiki.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

sugarpuff

Post by sugarpuff »

biolizard89 wrote:As far as I know, p/, a/, tor/, and i2p/ are deprecated in favor of id/ and d/. This should be made more clear in the wiki.
Oh nice. If that's true then I hope someone updates the wiki. I feel as though I'm too new to this project to do that myself, I'd rather someone who feels more confident in their knowledge about the status of NMC do it.

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

sugarpuff wrote:
biolizard89 wrote:As far as I know, p/, a/, tor/, and i2p/ are deprecated in favor of id/ and d/. This should be made more clear in the wiki.
Oh nice. If that's true then I hope someone updates the wiki. I feel as though I'm too new to this project to do that myself, I'd rather someone who feels more confident in their knowledge about the status of NMC do it.
For end users the wiki is being phased out in favor of namecoin.info. I intend to make sure that this info is reflected on namecoin.info.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

sugarpuff

Post by sugarpuff »

biolizard89 wrote:For end users the wiki is being phased out in favor of namecoin.info. I intend to make sure that this info is reflected on namecoin.info.
Cool, is this the new "official site" for NMC?

I notice it's missing a Mac binary of a build of namecoinq.git. If you need one let me know. I can also send a pull request if that helps.

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

sugarpuff wrote:
biolizard89 wrote:For end users the wiki is being phased out in favor of namecoin.info. I intend to make sure that this info is reflected on namecoin.info.
Cool, is this the new "official site" for NMC?

I notice it's missing a Mac binary of a build of namecoinq.git. If you need one let me know. I can also send a pull request if that helps.
Yes, namecoin.info is the new official end-user site for Namecoin.

Talk to phelix about the Mac binary.

sugarpuff

Post by sugarpuff »

biolizard89 wrote:Talk to phelix about the Mac binary.
I'm not sure what the proper way of contacting him is. phelix: you're free to PM me if you're interested in a Mac build.

domob

Post by domob »

biolizard89 wrote:
sugarpuff wrote:These two namespaces seem to be fulfilling the same role, so can we either merge them or deprecate one of them? My vote is for 'id' to stay, and for 'p' to be merged into it (or deprecated).

As far as I know, p/, a/, tor/, and i2p/ are deprecated in favor of id/ and d/. This should be made more clear in the wiki.
Yes, exactly. I agree that this is a very good step to stream-line Namecoin use-cases.
BTC: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS
Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/

phelix

Post by phelix »

sugarpuff wrote:
biolizard89 wrote:Talk to phelix about the Mac binary.
I'm not sure what the proper way of contacting him is. phelix: you're free to PM me if you're interested in a Mac build.
Mac build would be great. How can we trust you? :?:

Actually there is already a Mac build: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic ... msg3301430;
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

sugarpuff

Post by sugarpuff »

phelix wrote:Actually there is already a Mac build: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic ... msg3301430;
Well never mind then. :)
phelix wrote:Mac build would be great. How can we trust you? :?:
Trust the source, Luke. As you probably saw from the btctalk thread, it's a simple modification to the build script (or rather, it should be. If they did something else, run!).