Trust system to vote

GiToo

Trust system to vote

Post by GiToo »

Hi

(sorry for my horrible English ;) )

There's now few time I'm studiing Bitcoin and Namecoin concepts, very interesting, and I really like that.
But there's still something missing, or not perfect enouth I think.

I've read that namecoin is design to have a decentralized "DNS & much more" system (but much more is not clear enouth to me)
DNS seems working fine,
but building a "voting system" cannot be done with namecoin,
trusting systems like http://bitcoin-otc.com/ seems centralized, isn't it ?
any "decentralized trusting system" exists ?

My idea (maybe I'm missing something big, but I'd like to discuss that concept)

If we create a new "TrustCoin" unit, but with really different rules for this one :
- not a floating number, just an integer, but a signed number, so can be negative
- You can give twice the number of positive transactions that you received from other peoples, but you can cancel a transaction you made too
- You can give only once to someone else, if you give again it'll overwrite the previous transaction, (and sending 0 tell system to forget about this transaction, and maybe this wallet too)

Example:
A already have 1 TrustCoin (we will see after how it's possible)
B is a new user, and do not have any trust.
a TrustCoin wallet, is in fact the "anonymous mind" of someone. And only Trusted person can know who is this wallet.

1: A gives 1 Trust (with optional public message) to B, private Trust wallet ID is privatly send to the user via a crypted messaging system.
2: B can give back one trust to A and giving another one to C.
3: B still have 1 TrustCoin, but he cannot gives more, because he already gives 2 TrustCoin
4: A or B can take back the trust he gives (if he don't trust him anymore) by submiting 0 or -1 TrustCoin, replacing the previous transaction
5: Then yes, a wallet can be negative
6: B made something wrong, and the comunity ban him for that. (by giving a negative TrustCoin) Nobody can know who he really is, but persons trusting him, will know about what he do, because they know who own this wallet
Then B can create a new wallet, and asking agains his friends (maybe not all) to trust this new wallet (and to not trust anymore the old one). If B made something REALLY wrong, A may want to renew his wallet too, but maybe, he will not give trust to that person anymore.

For the begenning, some automatic trusts can be send, for a limited period, to "start" the Trust distribution

To go deeper in this idea:
- a mind should be able to Trust or not other Minds (for a voting system)
- a peer, should be able to Trust or not another peer (automatic by a network analyser, that peer is not safe ! )
- a mind should be able to Trust a peer (manual check by a user)
- a peer, should be able to Trust or not a mind (automatic network analysis to alert isolated groups, or to alert that someone was trying to trade TrustCoins, that should be forbidden by the comunity)

Votes:
As anybody can have more than one wallet, trusted from different group of person, a user do not vote with "one vote", but with X TrustCoin you own
So, voting with multiple wallets, does not improve your vote weight

As someone knows someone who knows someone etc... Well I think we all know each other via somone else.
So to be able to vote, a wallet should have a positive value, with transactions connecting your wallet to "the world"
To remove "fake ID" generation from hackers, it becomes easy to analyse all these connexions,
to find "isolated groups", with no links to "the world" or with only 1 or 2 connexion to the world, that's not enouth

some computers can tell the network when such group are detected, and if the owner of these wallets are real humans, well, they have to meet more people to keep their positive wallet
some fake TrustCoin trades webste can also automaticaly tell the network, that an ID was trying to sell or buy TrustCoin. Trading Trust, well, that's a non-sense and should be punished by the comunity

so a single hacker will not be able to create many "trusted wallets" in this way, it's almost anonymous (except for trusted persons)

when renewing a wallet, a user cannot use it (because = 0) and must wait that his friends connect to their computers to confirm this new ID

Well, that's it, any advices ? where is the breach ?
or any similar tread ? I did not found any ...

virtual_master

Re: Trust system to vote

Post by virtual_master »

Hi and welcome.
They are a lot of use cases.
Some of the proposed and discussed you can see here:
http://dot-bit.org/Use_cases
(voting is also listed)
Best implemented this time are the decentralized .bit domain system and the ID system on the id/ namespace.
.bit domains are decentralized and cannot be confiscated or closed.
They are also ideas for games(1 realized on a fork) based on Namecoin.
You can read about decentralized and not disclosed contracts how to implement with Namecoin, shares, bonds and many others if you search around.

Thanks for your interest.
http://namecoinia.org/
Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba | NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S