How to create a new id/name

Renaud

How to create a new id/name

Post by Renaud »

I would like to find (or make) a tutorial on how to register an new id/name

Is it the same as d/domain_name, just replacing d/ by id/?

1) ./namecoind name_new d/<name>

2) ./namecoind name_firstupdate d/<name> ???

domob

Re: How to create a new id/name

Post by domob »

Yes, exactly. You do precisely what the docs say about d/, but just with id/your-name. Or use Namecoin-Qt.
BTC: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS
Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/

omyno

Post by omyno »

1. Acquire Namecoins by buying some at an exchange of your choice like btc-e.com.
  2. Download the Namecoin client.
  3. Fire up the client, note down your Namecoin receiving address (from tab Receive Namecoins) and send the Namecoins from btc-e (direct link) to the receiving address you noted down. Now you will see the Namecoins appear in your client.
  4. Now that you own some Namecoins, go to the tab Manage Names, enter id/Renaud and click Submit. Congratulations, you now own a Namecoin ID.
  5. To fill your identity with your email address, real name, bitmessage address etc.:
    • Still in the same tab Manage Names, click Configure Name. You will find a tab Identity Configuration. Here you can enter the the information you want to be associated with your ID.
    • Advanced: In the "Costum Configuration" tab, you can enter something in the form of {"application":"value"}, like {"email":"Thomistic@cajetan.com"}. You can separate entries with commas, like so: {"email":"Thomistic@cajetan.com","birthday":"1972","bitmessage": "BM-foobar"}

kenCode

Post by kenCode »

I have installed an uninstalled namecoin from my Linux Mint (latest) laptop. I only have one pc atm. sudo apt-get update and upgrade did not help either.
I forgot to jot it down since I was so perturbed, but every time the namecoin software starts up (even after a cold boot) the blue and white logo displays center of my screen then a tiny alert style error pops up saying something like blk*.dat not found, or corrupt or something. I assume that just means the blockchain dat file is messed up, or maybe a dep on it or something.

I want a nameid but man, I'm clueless on how to get one if I can't install the wallet/client (http://namecoin.info/?p=download).

I even tried installing the debian version on my raspi but that of course didn't work either.

I ran the cmd line on my linux laptop, even edited the /etc/apt/sources.list still to no avail. Namecoin still bombs out with that error.

Any chance someone is workin on the web interface for registrations? Similar to onename.io would be cool.

I'd like to get an id/ and a d/ (.bit?) if possible.
Are there any other options for registration? Please and thanx for any help :)
-ken
Meshnet + Crypto + Distributed Computing + IoT: #ePlug

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

kenCode wrote:I have installed an uninstalled namecoin from my Linux Mint (latest) laptop. I only have one pc atm. sudo apt-get update and upgrade did not help either.
I forgot to jot it down since I was so perturbed, but every time the namecoin software starts up (even after a cold boot) the blue and white logo displays center of my screen then a tiny alert style error pops up saying something like blk*.dat not found, or corrupt or something. I assume that just means the blockchain dat file is messed up, or maybe a dep on it or something.

I want a nameid but man, I'm clueless on how to get one if I can't install the wallet/client (http://namecoin.info/?p=download).

I even tried installing the debian version on my raspi but that of course didn't work either.

I ran the cmd line on my linux laptop, even edited the /etc/apt/sources.list still to no avail. Namecoin still bombs out with that error.

Any chance someone is workin on the web interface for registrations? Similar to onename.io would be cool.

I'd like to get an id/ and a d/ (.bit?) if possible.
Are there any other options for registration? Please and thanx for any help :)
-ken
Can you create a new thread for this support request?
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

kenCode

Post by kenCode »

biolizard89 wrote:Can you create a new thread for this support request?

Done :)
https://forum.namecoin.info/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2070
Meshnet + Crypto + Distributed Computing + IoT: #ePlug