Namecoin-Qt 3.72 - Chinese Translation Added

domob

Re: Namecoin-Qt BETA with Namespace Registration 3.67

Post by domob »

Works for me as advertised! Thanks also for adding the name_update operations in listtransactions. However, I think it would be great if more details were shown. Currently a name_firstupdate just looks like sending 0 NMC to some address ... what about adding some information as name_new shows? For instance, add the text "name_update: d/my-name" in the address field or so?
BTC: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS
Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

domob wrote:Works for me as advertised! Thanks also for adding the name_update operations in listtransactions. However, I think it would be great if more details were shown. Currently a name_firstupdate just looks like sending 0 NMC to some address ... what about adding some information as name_new shows? For instance, add the text "name_update: d/my-name" in the address field or so?
We think listtransactions shouldn't show names, since it's not a name operation (i.e. it must be compatible with Bitcoin). also maybe cause problem with people switching between official and namecoind (from qt)?

but can discuss if everyone thinks otherwise.. and add on todo for future update.

domob

Post by domob »

snailbrain wrote:
domob wrote:Works for me as advertised! Thanks also for adding the name_update operations in listtransactions. However, I think it would be great if more details were shown. Currently a name_firstupdate just looks like sending 0 NMC to some address ... what about adding some information as name_new shows? For instance, add the text "name_update: d/my-name" in the address field or so?
We think listtransactions shouldn't show names, since it's not a name operation (i.e. it must be compatible with Bitcoin). also maybe cause problem with people switching between official and namecoind (from qt)?

but can discuss if everyone thinks otherwise.. and add on todo for future update.
I think to remember that the official namecoind did display the names ... that's why I "miss" that, although I agree that that's not actually an "address" and it would maybe be better to just add a new field for name operations to the returned JSON object. What do you think about that? This could be done also for name_new, to be consistent.
BTC: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS
Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

domob wrote:
snailbrain wrote:

I think to remember that the official namecoind did display the names ... that's why I "miss" that, although I agree that that's not actually an "address" and it would maybe be better to just add a new field for name operations to the returned JSON object. What do you think about that? This could be done also for name_new, to be consistent.
oh my mistake, i thought it said nothing.. let us know what everyone thinks..

phelix

Post by phelix »

I think it would be good as long as it is only additional json entries in comparison to bitcoind. I assume the old version worked like that.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

virtual_master

Post by virtual_master »

I tested this version and works fine.
Let us release it because many people are looking only on the front page and saying that is a dead project because nothing has changed.
If they are major improvements in the client like now then should we make a release after every Satoshi client release.
We can discuss new ideas after that. When some small bugfixes and improvements are done we can still make a new release before the end of this year.
http://namecoinia.org/
Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba | NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S

phelix

Post by phelix »

virtual_master wrote:I tested this version and works fine.
Let us release it because many people are looking only on the front page and saying that is a dead project because nothing has changed.
If they are major improvements in the client like now then should we make a release after every Satoshi client release.
We can discuss new ideas after that. When some small bugfixes and improvements are done we can still make a new release before the end of this year.
Yup, I think we should make a release soon, too.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

omyno

Post by omyno »

Thank you so much for creating namecoin-qt, this looks great already!

There are some usability issues I'd like to point to:
  • For me, the default width of the window leads to a hidden "Manage Names" button. Do you think the default width could be increased or can this be solved in some other way?
  • Would "Register" instead of "Submit" be a better choice for the button?
  • The UI should not use terms like "name_new", "name_firstupdate" at all.
  • The column "Expires in" should contain an estimated date/time.
  • What do you think about a drop-down menu for the prefix? In this drop-down menu a user can choose between "Domain", "Identity", "Custom" etc. This way the long explanation below the input field is not necessary anymore.
  • Can we really expect the user to enter JSON strings manually? Are plain JSON strings necessary in any way? Again, drop-down menus or something similar would make it easier to enter values.
There are some other small issues with the current interface but those mentioned should definitely be addressed in my opinion.

moa

Post by moa »

Latest from github doesn't build on linux ... the dir re-restructure causes include errors. You need to re-instate the line

Code: Select all

INCLUDEPATH += src src/json src/qt
into namecoin-qt.pro ... it was in there previously ...as it is for the bitcoin-qt.pro

TARGET = namecoin-qt
macx:TARGET = "Namecoin-Qt"
VERSION = 0.3.68
QT += network
DEFINES += GUI QT_GUI BOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB BOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE
CONFIG += no_include_pwd

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

moa wrote:Latest from github doesn't build on linux ... the dir re-restructure causes include errors. You need to re-instate the line

into namecoin-qt.pro ... it was in there previously ...as it is for the bitcoin-qt.pro

TARGET = namecoin-qt
macx:TARGET = "Namecoin-Qt"
VERSION = 0.3.68
QT += network
DEFINES += GUI QT_GUI BOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB BOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE
CONFIG += no_include_pwd

thanks Moa