Forum spam - Are there active moderators on this board?

virtual_master

Re: Forum spam - Are there active moderators on this board?

Post by virtual_master »

I think they are not spam-scripts but humans who want to damage Namecoin.
We need something like bitcointalk.org, that users can post the first 2-3 posts in a newbie section and would be freed only after 5 hour or by an admin who regarded their posts.
http://namecoinia.org/
Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba | NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S

mationn

Post by mationn »

I'd be happy to moderate, I check the forum often and know a fair amount about Namecoin.

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

there is a lot to moderate..

the problem is that there is so many posts and the moderation cpanel doesn't allow to multi select lots of posts to delete (unless i'm missing something).. I spent an hour deleting posts and banning users and have not touched the surface... (can multi select topics though)

In the admin controlpanel (at least in the latest phpbb) there should be an option for Spambot Countermeasures which adds captcha style registration...

but maybe we need like virtual-master said also.. x amount of posts in newbie section (although the community is a bit small as it is, it might put people off contributing(.

edit: it seems that we can select multiple posts to delete if they are reported :)

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

snailbrain wrote:there is a lot to moderate..

the problem is that there is so many posts and the moderation cpanel doesn't allow to multi select lots of posts to delete (unless i'm missing something).. I spent an hour deleting posts and banning users and have not touched the surface... (can multi select topics though)

In the admin controlpanel (at least in the latest phpbb) there should be an option for Spambot Countermeasures which adds captcha style registration...

but maybe we need like virtual-master said also.. x amount of posts in newbie section (although the community is a bit small as it is, it might put people off contributing(.

edit: it seems that we can select multiple posts to delete if they are reported :)
Okay, so we can help you by using the "report" feature on spam posts?
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

biolizard89 wrote:
snailbrain wrote:there is a lot to moderate..

Okay, so we can help you by using the "report" feature on spam posts?
seems I was wrong.. still need to do them one by one.. would be good if we could delete all posts of banned users (admin can do this)

they are using a few IPs.. i banned some

virtual_master

Post by virtual_master »

I think solving the forum problems should be the most urgent because I already saw good forums which closed because of the massive amount of spam.
I don't know what possibilities has the admin panel but just some simple ideas:
- is it possible to limit the number of posts to 1-2 until regarded and validated by an admin ?
- is it possible to limit the posting of the new registrants to a forum section(starting or newbie) until regarded and validated by an admin ?
I could help also with the forum administration.
http://namecoinia.org/
Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba | NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S

phelix

Post by phelix »

I suggest for moderators: biolizard89, domob, moa, virtual_master

But we still need a newbie jail / much stronger captcha.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

phelix wrote:I suggest for moderators: biolizard89, domob, moa, virtual_master

But we still need a newbie jail / much stronger captcha.
also i think make Phelix Admin...

Admin can delete all posts from certain user (and possibly IP) (in some Quick Tools menu)

as like now.. if they do a "burst" spam, even for 10 mods its going to take all day to clean :D

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

just cleaned up a massive amount.. just general and mining need cleaning.. i think i now have carpel tunnel syndrome so taking a break :)

finished...

btw, does anyone want to buy any nike air max or gucci?