Namecoin <-> BTC Exchange

markus1000

Re: Namecoin <-> BTC Exchange

Post by markus1000 »

doublec is already planning NMC prices stated in $ on his exchange(read it somewhere, correct me if i am wrong), i hope this feature will be added very soon in order to grant the market all little more freedom, especially since the BTC and NMC markets diverge atm.

doublec

Post by doublec »

I see it has gone through. It's 6 confirmations but it's checked every 10 minutes. So conceivably it could take up to 30 minutes to register it depending on when the deposit happened. At current network speed 6 confirmations goes through quite fast.

doublec

Post by doublec »

markus1000 wrote:doublec is already planning NMC prices stated in $ on his exchange(read it somewhere, correct me if i am wrong), i hope this feature will be added very soon in order to grant the market all little more freedom, especially since the BTC and NMC markets diverge atm.
I have no plans to quote or deal with USD on the exchange, sorry.

moa

Post by moa »

What are the NMC<=>BTC exchange policies regarding rollbacks etc, or other measures, in the event of (god forbid) volatile/discontinuous trading conditions?

doublec

Post by doublec »

moa wrote:What are the NMC<=>BTC exchange policies regarding rollbacks etc, or other measures, in the event of (god forbid) volatile/discontinuous trading conditions?
There won't be any rollbacks. The exchange, like the bitcoin network, should be irreversible in my opinion. I am interested in feedback on this though. Do people prefer or hate rollbacks? I'm not a fan myself.

Dobrodav

Post by Dobrodav »

Well, it is up to you actually. Did you hate rollbacks or not, you will choose rollback or not, depending on situation, - and we can not have real influence to your decision on that matter.

moa

Post by moa »

doublec:

how are you settling trades on the exchange if no blocks are being solved and no transactions are being recorded.

Are you settling trades off-line in the exchange's own float?
Last edited by moa on Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

doublec

Post by doublec »

moa wrote: how are you settling trades on the exchange if no blocks are being solved and no transactions are being recorded.

Are you settling trades off-line in the exchange's own float?
Orders are always matched and settled internally in the exchanges database. Withdrawals and deposits are dependent on the network however so these are slow at the moment. Note that blocks are being solved and transactions are being processed. They're just slow.

moa

Post by moa »

doublec:

So another few info requests about the exchange;

i) the volume on the exchange home page is that 24 hour rolling sum or since 00:00 UTC or how is that measured?

ii) is there an API for the exchange?

thnx.

doublec

Post by doublec »

moa wrote: i) the volume on the exchange home page is that 24 hour rolling sum or since 00:00 UTC or how is that measured?

ii) is there an API for the exchange?
Volume is number of namecoins bought or sold in the last 24 hours (rolling). There is an API to get information from the exchange - no trading API yet.