Namecoin <-> BTC Exchange

imperi

Re: Namecoin <-> BTC Exchange

Post by imperi »

Great exchange! Made some trades on it early this morning.

About this project in general: I see a lot of potential for it and I'd love to contribute, coding-wise.

moa

Post by moa »

imperi wrote:Great exchange! Made some trades on it early this morning.

About this project in general: I see a lot of potential for it and I'd love to contribute, coding-wise.
Welcome aboard ... plenty to do.

Hopefully when NMC/BTC price gets back above diff. ratio (more profitable to mine NMC than BTC) some mining power will return to get things moving along again .... although saying that, the slow block rate is limiting new NMC supply so from supply/demand considerations that will supposedly bring higher prices eventually again anyway ... and returned mining capacity.

spirals

Post by spirals »

imperi wrote:Great exchange! Made some trades on it early this morning.

We need browser plugins to add .bit browsing to FF, Chromium and Opera.
http://NMCWatch.com - Namecoin Technical Market Charts

Anth0n

Post by Anth0n »

How can we be confident that the exchange is secure?

imperi

Post by imperi »

Anth0n wrote:How can we be confident that the exchange is secure?
The fact that people have used it in the past, and trust it enough to continue using it, is good enough for me.

moa

Post by moa »

Maybe post the specific security threat questions you had in mind here and doublec (and other exchange owners) could respond?

Just "confidence" probably doesn't cut it without knowing what you are talking about.

doublec

Post by doublec »

You can't. You can only go on the trustworthiness of the operator and past experience with them. If you have specific questions I can address them. Not all of the funds are kept in the exchange wallet - they are kept in an encrypted offline wallet (ie. there is no running namecoind/bitcoind accessing it). So if the exchange is comprimised the majority of the funds are safe.

Anth0n

Post by Anth0n »

I'm trying to withdraw BTC, but when I click "Approve", nothing happens. I've used this previously and it worked fine.

EDIT: Problem fixed

doublec

Post by doublec »

Anth0n wrote:I'm trying to withdraw BTC, but when I click "Approve", nothing happens. I've used this previously and it worked fine.
Note the part of the withdrawal page that says "Withdrawals of significant amounts may also be delayed for additional checking by the exchange". There were some significant withdrawal requests recently so pending withdrawals were delayed while I checked.

golgotha

Post by golgotha »

I mistakenly sent a batch of namecoins to a bitcoin address at bitparking. Is there any way to reverse this? Did it on Friday afternoon, and didn't notice it til later.