[3 BTC Bounty] TLS Support for .bit Domains

biolizard89

Re: [3 BTC Bounty] TLS Support for .bit Domains

Post by biolizard89 »

domob was kind enough to contribute some code to allow omitting colons from fingerprints, which the .bit spec allows but Convergence for Namecoin couldn't handle (until now). Thanks domob!

For those of you using my GitHub repo, you can pull the latest code, and then websites like https://www.domob.bit , which omit the colons, will work.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

phelix

Post by phelix »

nice!

btw: Have you considered tor/i2p support for the plugin?
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

phelix wrote:nice!

Yes, Tor / I2P support is planned. For the moment I'm trying to deal with the Windows issues... seems that some changes that Mozilla made recently are causing problems on Windows.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

phelix

Post by phelix »

biolizard89 wrote:

Yes, Tor / I2P support is planned. For the moment I'm trying to deal with the Windows issues... seems that some changes that Mozilla made recently are causing problems on Windows.
Just realized I have no idea where I can find the latest version of the plugin. You should consider starting a new thread or to completely change the original post and original post title. Describing in short what the plugin does and how to get it.

edit: Maybe also somebody else can be your director of marketing if you like :) There are a couple of very active coinheadz that do not code.

phelix

Post by phelix »

Bounty for Tor/I2P support: http://nf.bit/viewtopic.php?p=6962

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

phelix wrote:
biolizard89 wrote:

Just realized I have no idea where I can find the latest version of the plugin. You should consider starting a new thread or to completely change the original post and original post title. Describing in short what the plugin does and how to get it.

edit: Maybe also somebody else can be your director of marketing if you like :) There are a couple of very active coinheadz that do not code.
I'm probably going to put a page on namecoin.info when I have a chance, assuming that's okay with you.

phelix

Post by phelix »

biolizard89 wrote: I'm probably going to put a page on namecoin.info when I have a chance, assuming that's okay with you.
I would prefer linking do an external page.... In the end it's Khal's decision, though.

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

phelix wrote:
biolizard89 wrote: I'm probably going to put a page on namecoin.info when I have a chance, assuming that's okay with you.
I would prefer linking do an external page.... In the end it's Khal's decision, though.
namecoin.info could link to my GitHub if you prefer that. I'm vaguely envisioning an "implementations" page on namecoin.info so that end users know what their options are.

phelix

Post by phelix »

So... how are things going with the Tor domains? Any way to help?

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

phelix wrote:So... how are things going with the Tor domains? Any way to help?
Sorry for delayed reply. Tor and I2P support is working 100%; I'm trying to finish a bit of other coding before I make a release. The new release will have namecoind and nmcontrol built in (so it'll be much easier to install); it's very close to finished and I would estimate a beta release (or at least GitHub push) within 1-2 weeks. (Obviously something unexpected could happen, but that's my best estimate right now.)