XAYA, new blockchain based on Namecoin

snailbrain

XAYA, new blockchain based on Namecoin

Post by snailbrain »

Hi all,

we've launched a new blockchain based off of Namecoin. XAYA. It's primarly a blockchain based gaming platform so that game developers can build fully decentralised game worlds, like Huntercoin, but more complex and eventually using game channels (gamified lightening network)- real-time games with minimal blockchain bloat.

Although it works similar to Namecoin it has some pretty large differences. However, the improvements that have been made to it and improvements that will be made in future have and will be merged upstream to namecoin where compatible.

So this should be good news for Namecoin.

of course Daniel, aka Domob is the lead blockchain developer of XAYA as well...

Please check out Daniel's talk about XAYA and it's scaling solution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMd9mvc8pqA

Pencroff357

Re: XAYA, new blockchain based on Namecoin

Post by Pencroff357 »

Sorry, but I'm not yet familiar with everything cryptocurrency-related; can I ask a question?
As far as I've understood, this new blockchain will be a "real" thing that can be exchanged for "real" money, goods or services, but which will be used in games as well? And winning in these games will make you surely but slowly earn XAYA? Sorry for the noob questions!

biolizard89

Re: XAYA, new blockchain based on Namecoin

Post by biolizard89 »

Pencroff357 wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:17 pm
Sorry, but I'm not yet familiar with everything cryptocurrency-related; can I ask a question?
As far as I've understood, this new blockchain will be a "real" thing that can be exchanged for "real" money, goods or services, but which will be used in games as well? And winning in these games will make you surely but slowly earn XAYA? Sorry for the noob questions!
If you're not familiar with Huntercoin (the first fork of Namecoin, also by snailbrain and domob), you'll probably get a good understanding of Xaya from checking out Huntercoin.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5