sign message on the cloud

JZA

sign message on the cloud

Post by JZA »

I would like to sign a message using namecoin, however my wallet doesnt seem to have the signmessage method. Is there a way I can sing it on the cloud giving my privatekey?

Something similar to what Blockchain.info does for Bitcoin.

biolizard89

Re: sign message on the cloud

Post by biolizard89 »

JZA wrote:I would like to sign a message using namecoin, however my wallet doesnt seem to have the signmessage method.

Which version are you using? That method should behave identically to Bitcoin.
JZA wrote:Is there a way I can sing it on the cloud giving my privatekey?

Something similar to what Blockchain.info does for Bitcoin.
s/the cloud/my butt
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

johnc

Post by johnc »

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

Anyone reading this thread should note that because you didn't provide hashes nor signatures, anyone who downloads those binaries is trusting that blockchained.com and mega.nz are not compromised or evil, and that (in the case of blockchained) the network path between the user and blockchained.com is not compromised or evil. As well as the usual warnings about non-reproducible binaries.
johnc wrote:Bio... 99% of the internet can't compile...
It's unclear to me why you apparently feel the need to lecture me on this topic, given that I'm the one who is most actively working on getting Gitian binaries released. What have you done on this topic lately (or ever)? The fact is that building from source is the only reasonably secure way of getting a working binary, and it will stay that way until Gitian binaries are ready. It is my expectation that nc0.12.0rc3 (the next release candidate to be tagged) will have working Gitian binaries for both GNU/Linux and Windows; Windows is now working in the 0.12 branch, and there was unanimous consent in the last #namecoin-meeting for a temporary workaround that eliminates the issue we encountered when trying to release Gitian GNU/Linux binaries for nc0.12.0rc1. OS X is likely to take longer.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5