Warning: Using Bter for NMC

haiqu

Warning: Using Bter for NMC

Post by haiqu »

Three weeks ago I transferred some namecoin out of Bter exchange. The transaction didn't show up in the blockchain but my balance vanished. After a support query, tech support reported a week later that they had fixed it but my transaction still remains missing, the exchange balance wasn't restored and the NMC never arrived.

Proceed with caution.

biolizard89

Re: Warning: Using Bter for NMC

Post by biolizard89 »

haiqu wrote:Three weeks ago I transferred some namecoin out of Bter exchange. The transaction didn't show up in the blockchain but my balance vanished. After a support query, tech support reported a week later that they had fixed it but my transaction still remains missing, the exchange balance wasn't restored and the NMC never arrived.

Proceed with caution.
Thanks for the warning. Has anyone else who's reading this had issues with Bter, or used them successfully?

I'm not actually sure what our policy is these days on listing exchanges on namecoin.org; last I checked the website says that we don't vet exchanges, but I can recall a few cases where we removed exchanges due to reports of shady activities.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5