added warnings for 3 crap pages on the wiki

biolizard89

added warnings for 3 crap pages on the wiki

Post by biolizard89 »

If anyone's watching wiki edits and is wondering why I took time out of my schedule to add warning labels to 3 obscure wiki pages that aren't linked anywhere from the main page and that no one even knew existed, it's because I got an email from a new contributor asking about those 3 pages, because he had gotten bad info from them. I assume they're showing up on Google or something, not entirely sure where he found them.

I am not in the business of policing the wiki in the general case, nor do I have any interest in doing so; this is a one-time courtesy.

The warning label is transparently signed by me, whereas the authors of the original pages couldn't be bothered to sign them, so the authorship is impossible to determine for people who aren't logged in (thanks to whoever decided to fuck with the wiki theme so that it hides basically everything useful unless you're logged in... what is this, a fucking Apple product?). To the people who think it's okay to post nonsense to the wiki without bothering to label the author clearly (and in 2 out of 3 cases, claiming that it was authored by the Namecoin developers), I will quote Colin Mochrie Shakespeare: "All the world is a stage, and you are crap."

Thank you.

(For those of you who don't watch wiki edits and don't know what I'm talking about... I envy you.)
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5