Getting interviewed Monday

biolizard89

Getting interviewed Monday

Post by biolizard89 »

The OU CS department is interviewing me on Monday for an article about the ncdns-tls hackathon project I did in November. I'm not entirely clear what the focus of the interview is likely to be, nor the audience, nor the length of the article. That said... if there's anything people think I should say, let me know in this thread before Monday.

Also, I'm considering mentioning the "state sponsored actors" Twitter notice I received a few days after the hackathon results were announced. See https://state-sponsored-actors.net . Should I mention it?

Cheers.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

johnc

Re: Getting interviewed Monday

Post by johnc »

Let's not get all "tinfoil-hat"... what we need is more people involved in nmc apps developement, volunteering for the project, creating documentation, proof of concepts, reviewing code... etc.

biolizard89

Re: Getting interviewed Monday

Post by biolizard89 »

Interview went reasonably well. They will send me a draft of the article to check for accuracy before publishing. (This impresses me; that's much better than the time I was interviewed by a journalist in 2007 and when the article was published I discovered that apparently I'm an expert in breaking online gaming codes, which I am confident I never said.)

I'm not sure how long the article will be. I get the impression that I gave them way more info than they needed, and they're going to try to cut it down. Explaining Namecoin briefly is difficult, even without the hackathon project, what with its dehydrated certificates and stuff. We'll see how much they decide to actually include.
johnc wrote:Let's not get all "tinfoil-hat"... what we need is more people involved in nmc apps developement, volunteering for the project, creating documentation, proof of concepts, reviewing code... etc.
I'm not sure if you understand what you just said, but I suspect that if you were getting creepy messages from Twitter, which were also sent to at least one person who is known to have been a target of AFK state-sponsored harassment, you would not consider being concerned to be a "tinfoil-hat" thing. Try actually reading the news.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5