Introduction

tylerjwoodfin

Introduction

Post by tylerjwoodfin »

Hey everyone,

Jeremy asked me to post this; I'm Tyler, a junior Computer Science major. I have experience with C++, Java, and HTML (to an extent). I (would like to think I) have a good eye for design, and I'm most interested in contributing to the user interface and layout of NameCoin. I have little experience actually coding interfaces, but I'm great with mockup designs and looking at ways to make everything more intuitive and user-friendly. I'm best at Android for coding, but I'm not necessarily an expert. Let me know how I can contribute! :)

biolizard89

Re: Introduction

Post by biolizard89 »

tylerjwoodfin wrote:Hey everyone,

Jeremy asked me to post this; I'm Tyler, a junior Computer Science major. I have experience with C++, Java, and HTML (to an extent). I (would like to think I) have a good eye for design, and I'm most interested in contributing to the user interface and layout of NameCoin. I have little experience actually coding interfaces, but I'm great with mockup designs and looking at ways to make everything more intuitive and user-friendly. I'm best at Android for coding, but I'm not necessarily an expert. Let me know how I can contribute! :)
Hey Tyler, thanks for posting.

Yes, we definitely would love to have some help with UI related things. Indolering (AKA Zach Lym) will probably want to talk to you about specifics for UI-related tasks -- things that come to mind quickly for the software end of things include the UI for entering name data. For C++ related things, one of the subprojects that could use some work is the Namecoin port of Armory (a Bitcoin wallet which Joseph Bisch has partially ported to Namecoin). For Java, there's NamecoinJ (a Namecoin port of the Bitcoin library BitcoinJ). NamecoinJ is applicable to Android apps. Also would be cool to look into porting other software to Android, such as a Namecoin DNS server (e.g. Hugo Landau's ncdns, which currently only supports Windows/OS X/Linux).

Maybe some other people here will also have other suggestions. As this is an open source project, you're totally free to pick any combination of 1 or more of the above, or something else -- and you're welcome to switch focuses anytime you like too.

Cheers,
-Jeremy
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5