GetDotBit.com - New Website Made For Namecoin!

dternyak

GetDotBit.com - New Website Made For Namecoin!

Post by dternyak »

Hi Guys,

Over the last few months, I have been working on my project to help bring namecoin popularity.

Thus, I have created https://www.getdotbit.com, where your first namecoin domain name is free, and each subsequent is only 1$ in BTC or alts.

I have integrated with shapeshift.io for many altcoin payments, so be sure to spread the word to altcoin forums that they can now purchase .bit domain names with their cryptocurrency.

And if you ever want to transfer your name out, thats totally fine. You can even update your name server from the webapp itself.

I am very open to suggestions.

Thanks.

Daniel

cassini

Re: GetDotBit.com - New Website Made For Namecoin!

Post by cassini »

Looks very promising. A few suggestions:
  • Check again for typos (e.g. "nameserver's", or "expensive then") and clarify the fee rules. $1 per name for how long? Does it include automatic renewal/name_update? What if someone takes out the name and then transfers it back in, do they need to pay again? a.s.o.
  • Include a link to your github account or your blog, and people can see you've put in quite a bit of effort to create your getdotbit system. At the moment one can't easily determine if it is a scam thing or an honest project run by an enthusiast.
  • Can you reduce the download time for the getdotbit.com main page? 5 Megabytes before the browser displays the content seems a bit hefty. Too much unused Javascript, I guess.
dternyak wrote:You can even update your name server from the webapp itself.
It seems you are confusing the expression"name server" with "name record". ;)

wpstudio

Re: GetDotBit.com - New Website Made For Namecoin!

Post by wpstudio »

Great job. This type of service really does make it more user friendly for people getting started or even wanting to learn more about Namecoin.