Re: Forum Logo / Official Namecoin Logo

Post by ryanc »

That looks fine to me.

phelix

Post by phelix »

ryanc wrote:That looks fine to me.
:)

Cassini PMed me, he is fine with it, too.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

phelix

Post by phelix »

A good compromise leaves everybody angry but from my point of view we have a stable consensus for this logo:

Please everybody use only this version from now on. I will work with Indo to make it easily accessible.

Thanks to everyone participating in the discussion and thanks to artisbigshirts for the original design (I will try to reach him). It has only undergone slight changes. It is not my personal favorite but it trumped a lot of other logo suggestions over time so it certainly has it's qualities and recognition value. Also I agree it makes sense to stick to this underlying design as it is well known and has been used in various places in a bunch of variants.

indolering

Post by indolering »

phelix wrote:
indolering wrote:Phelix, would you be okay with the repo I created if I update it to match the colors and slant you want?
I will fork the repo and make you admin once everything is in place. The N from your version is visually the same as in the .svg above besides skew/rotation as far as I could see. I did not compare the writing as I can't see the font in the version on the repo. As far as I am concerned the logo above should be production quality, too.
My version is still a bit upward tilted, can you tell me the exact skew and rotation you settled on?

I will happily change the color and make revisions to the fonts.
phelix wrote: As I wrote above I think it should explicitly say something about impersonation but I can add that later in a PR.
Yeah, let's just wait to see what the lawyers say. The Conservancy will let us know about our application by the 9th, we can ask Jeremy's friend at the ACLU if that falls through.
phelix wrote: edit: @indo: It is really cool your logo scripts automatically generate icons!
Ahh, the icon step is only partly automated. I could automate the rest of it, I've just been really busy. I also like having fine-grained control over the smallest icon versions, which the RealFaviconGenerator.net API doesn't allow for ... yet.
DNS is much more than a key->value datastore.

phelix

Post by phelix »

indolering wrote:
phelix wrote:
indolering wrote:Phelix, would you be okay with the repo I created if I update it to match the colors and slant you want?
I will fork the repo and make you admin once everything is in place. The N from your version is visually the same as in the .svg above besides skew/rotation as far as I could see. I did not compare the writing as I can't see the font in the version on the repo. As far as I am concerned the logo above should be production quality, too.
My version is still a bit upward tilted, can you tell me the exact skew and rotation you settled on?
Just use the .svg from above and be done with it.

indolering

Post by indolering »

phelix wrote: Just use the .svg from above and be done with it.
Fair enough.

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

looks good :)

phelix

Post by phelix »

indolering wrote:
phelix wrote: Just use the .svg from above and be done with it.
Fair enough.
https://github.com/namecoin/namecoin-graphics

@indolering: I cooked it pretty hot, maybe you could check if everything is ok. Also if you could add the icons it would be very helpful.

indolering

Post by indolering »

Okay, I will get to it when I can.