Forum Logo / Official Namecoin Logo

phelix

Re: Forum Logo / Official Namecoin Logo

Post by phelix »

Light / black seems a bit of a harsh contrast to me. Indolering? I think you used light / gray in your version, is that still your preference?

Anyone else?
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

phelix

Post by phelix »

Improved psycho compensation with 1 degree rotation offset and 1 degree skew offset. Ryan?

Sorry for complicating consensus but to me the light blue looks like baby blue. I don't like the classic color too much either, I think my favorite would be something like the color from the website font :)

http://blockchained.com/stuff/logo_abs_ ... g_2col.svg

foglight

Post by foglight »

i prefer light/black, second is classic/black

im not sure the 1 deg rotation compensation is necessary.

phelix

Post by phelix »

I removed my precious logo suggestion from the forum logo. It seems we are close to a consensus and I might not find the time to do so the next days.

A large majority wants to keep the logo branch based on Artisbigshirts' logo with some modifications by Indolering. We seem to have clear rights after all so this is not an issue (somehow I got confused as could not make use of this in the namecoin.org "impersonation" drama but it seems there were other logos involved).

Licensing e.g. in Indo's graphics repo should imho explicitly say something like: "You are allowed to use the logo as long as it is clear that you are not the Namecoin development team." or that it is prohibited to impersonate us.

I counted and there is a majority for black text.

foglight wrote: im not sure the 1 deg rotation compensation is necessary.
Ryan, Indolering and me see it...

What about this variant of psycho view compensation (1 deg skew instead of rotation). If it does not do the job for everybody then I will put some variants up for comparison.

IMHO we should slightly alter the RGB colors as we should choose the closest Pantone color so that we a close reproduction of the color in print. Indolering?
This is the rgb color corresponding to the pantone color Indolering found :mrgreen::

ryanc

Post by ryanc »

The skew looks worse than the rotation for me.

phelix

Post by phelix »

http://blockchained.com/stuff/logo_abs_ ... o_view.svg

and yeah they are all different ;)

edit: criteria to look for: is the N somehow rotated? Is the italic of the N properly aligned with the writing?

edit2: numbers in the image

foglight

Post by foglight »

this is tough. not even sure i can tell which is which and i'll be curious to find out which i voted for. my inclination is:

1, 3, 5, 4, 2

indolering

Post by indolering »

I prefer the lighter blue, but I don't really care which shade of blue or black. Just tell me the color values or fork my repos README.md and I will update the graphics.

I think the logo needs to be altered, but the screw vs rotation depends on how it impacts the vector file. Phelix, how did you skew the SVG? Can you post your SVG file somewhere so I can inspect it? Looking at it now : )
DNS is much more than a key->value datastore.

indolering

Post by indolering »

Phelix, would you be okay with the repo I created if I update it to match the colors and slant you want?

I would prefer to keep the text at the native slant of the italic version. So 2 degree forward rotation (technically -2º) on the N?

Just tell me the colors and I can update the repo again....
DNS is much more than a key->value datastore.

phelix

Post by phelix »

To come to a conclusion regarding the rotation/skew of the N I suggest #4 as it is a compromise between #1 (skew -1) as preferred by foglight and one other person I asked and #2 (rot -2 skew 1) which Ryan and Indolering stated before they are ok with. IMHO #4 looks well balanced. Anybody not ok with this rotation/skew of the N please speak up now or be silent forever.

The color above is the RGB representation of Pantone 7682 C. I found this to be the closest Pantone color to Indolering's bright blue color suggestion from this website. I think it is something like a more recent version of the Pantone color Indo suggested.
The whole purpose of using a Pantone color is so that the logo can be printed in the same color on cmyk printing machines around the world. I know this is not really relevant atm but it is really easy to do.
indolering wrote:Phelix, would you be okay with the repo I created if I update it to match the colors and slant you want?
I will fork the repo and make you admin once everything is in place. The N from your version is visually the same as in the .svg above besides skew/rotation as far as I could see. I did not compare the writing as I can't see the font in the version on the repo. As far as I am concerned the logo above should be production quality, too.
As I wrote above I think it should explicitly say something about impersonation but I can add that later in a PR.

edit: @indo: It is really cool your logo scripts automatically generate icons!