Signing a NameOp VIN

techguy

Signing a NameOp VIN

Post by techguy »

Hey all, I was working through the Namecoin code and it looks like when a name_op vout is being used as a vin the scriptPubKey has the name_op opcode stripped during the signing of that vin. Is my understanding correct? I'm having some issues manually signing a transaction (I have no access to the private key, just signing and verification functions based on the key).

On that note, does anyone happen to have a full script / code for creating, signing and sending a name_update transaction? Any language would be helpful.

Thanks!

-- Matt

biolizard89

Re: Signing a NameOp VIN

Post by biolizard89 »

techguy wrote:Hey all, I was working through the Namecoin code and it looks like when a name_op vout is being used as a vin the scriptPubKey has the name_op opcode stripped during the signing of that vin. Is my understanding correct? I'm having some issues manually signing a transaction (I have no access to the private key, just signing and verification functions based on the key).

On that note, does anyone happen to have a full script / code for creating, signing and sending a name_update transaction? Any language would be helpful.

Thanks!

-- Matt
Hi, are you still having trouble with this? I think I saw some further IRC messages from you and Ryan about this, not sure if you still need assistance or what the current status is.

Cheers.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5