Crypto Comm systems

Nesetalis

Crypto Comm systems

Post by Nesetalis »

Email sucks. I peeked through the bitcoin forum a bit, finding a few people wondering about some bitcoin email or some such.. but the nature of the beast makes me think namecoin would be better suited..
anyone else agree?
I think it would have to cost a small amount of NC to send a message, to limit spamming. perhaps even send the NC with the message to the recipient
obviously wouldn't propogate through the system the same way bitcoin transactions do.. else it would take a long time for the message to arrive and would land in the laps of a whole bunch of people.
It would innately have to use cryptography. Probably PGP.

ntagg

Re: Crypto Comm systems

Post by ntagg »

I've been thinking about this same problem, and think this is a promising avenue. Maybe the message isn't sent through the bit network, just the message key?

gst

Re: Crypto Comm systems

Post by gst »

Nesetalis wrote:I think it would have to cost a small amount of NC to send a message
Such a system already exists: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashcash

One nice property about Hashcash is that it is NOT coupled to Bitcoin or Namecoin, as there is no reason to do so.

Why flood the block chain with payments for email transactions if the same thing is also possibly "more decentralized"?