Namecoin/libcoin port progress information ?

sudoquai

Namecoin/libcoin port progress information ?

Post by sudoquai »

Hi,

i am interested in a progress information and general information in the progress of Namecoin based on libcoin. The main intention is to give a overview to potential Namecoin Investors.

I have the following questions:

Which features and main advantages can we expect from a Namecoin port using libcoin as a core ?

Would it be easier to make a rebase to Bitcoin 0.9 latest code after libcoin integration ?

Can we expect all features from latest Bitcoin code + additional Namecoin features ?

Which features will be missing in Namecoin, based on libcoin ?

What is the estimated time of finishing Namecoin using libcoin as a core?

How do you plan to synchronize Bitcoin and Namecoin development in the future?

Which features of Bitcoin (like Bloom Filtering, etc.) will be missing ?

Which are the disadvantages of Namecoin, based on libcoin? I will add the following, maybe somebody can correct me if i am wrong:

- Cherrypicking and reimplementing new functions of Bitcoin to libcoin: time consuming
- Potential developers need to learn first about libcoin, before they are able to develop for Namecoin: time consuming
- Widely used Bitcoin Applications (for example Android Wallet for Bitcoin need to be ported to libcoin first): time consuming, higher complexity and missing functions

What are the advantages of libcoin?

What has to be implemented in this stage of development of Namecoin, based on libcoin, before we can expect a running libcoin port? Please provide a detailed list if possible (it would be easier for new Namecoin developer to find out which parts need to be implemented) ?

When can we expect a running version of Namecoin based on libcoin ? What is the estimated time ?

P.S.:

There is still missing a OSX version of Namecoin on the homepage. If it is finished, why cant we find a link downloading it ? If not, what are the problems, which have to be solved to get a downloadable Version of the OSX wallet ? Estimated time ?

Thank you for your help and best regards,

Sudo.
NameID: id/sudo.wonder >>> Namecoin @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/namecoin.org