funding

tosh0

Re: funding

Post by tosh0 »

is a good idea: there's two options, subscribe to an ad network and receive 2 cents per click or sell a banner space per months, there could be an ad like "your ad here for 10nmc" or similar.
and forward the coins to devs.
we may even see ads from other coins websites trying to advertise themselves. :mrgreen:
NMC: more stable than BTC!

mightbemike

Post by mightbemike »

great idea about trying to get flash-in-the-pan coins to advertise, seems like mostly marketing with so may new ones these days

I suspect best paying advertisers will not be specific to Namecoin, but probably like Coinbase, Kraken and other crypto companies with marketing budgets. Also should be easy to make case for companies like (.bit friendly) web hosting too, since domain owners will tend to build sites.
NMC: NFhmGAqzRpZbGs3uCPPo7DJKuscuL4Aap2
id/mightbemike

signup292

Post by signup292 »

Last edited by signup292 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

mightbemike

Post by mightbemike »

Who needs to approve or disapprove of this, and put an "Advertise Here" banner into the bb? :?

It's needed so people can easily see where there banner would go if they signed on.
NMC: NFhmGAqzRpZbGs3uCPPo7DJKuscuL4Aap2
id/mightbemike

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

mightbemike wrote:Who needs to approve or disapprove of this, and put an "Advertise Here" banner into the bb? :?

It's needed so people can easily see where there banner would go if they signed on.
I'll ping the other devs and see who has access to the server the forum is on... I personally don't have that access.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

phelix

Post by phelix »

biolizard89 wrote:
mightbemike wrote:Who needs to approve or disapprove of this, and put an "Advertise Here" banner into the bb? :?

I'll ping the other devs and see who has access to the server the forum is on... I personally don't have that access.
I would not mind an unobtrusive text ad or banner. But I doubt it would be worth the effort atm.

The forum is on the new server. I have no idea how to do it, maybe Ryan does.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

it may be easier to find someone who just wants to advertise at the top of the forum (place their banner) -- maybe an exchange.. they can just pay in crypto every month to the btc/nmc donation address :)
I can email some if needed

after a bit of thought, probably pay-per-click banner won't be a good idea (may complicate things)

domob

Post by domob »

snailbrain wrote:it may be easier to find someone who just wants to advertise at the top of the forum (place their banner) -- maybe an exchange.. they can just pay in crypto every month to the btc/nmc donation address :)
I can email some if needed

after a bit of thought, probably pay-per-click banner won't be a good idea (may complicate things)
I agree here - IMHO, this is the best way forward. I wouldn't mind placing some not too annoying banner or text ad somewhere. If we find someone willing to pay / donate for this, we should do it.
BTC: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS
Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/