Post by aristoteles »

Hello,

They believe that this could be done?

I think is one of the few things that really elevate
Namecoin. I would contact the but my English
it's still bad: (

regards

phelix

Re: Include Namecoin in the Bitcoin Core?

Post by phelix »

No, that will not be possible anytime soon. Also being separate we are much more flexible.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

virtual_master

Post by virtual_master »

You can put Bitcoin addresses in a Namecoin ID.
You can also generate a Bitcoin and Namecoin address with the same private key.
They are different possibilities for Bitcoin and Namecoin to complement each other but they have some different functionalities and it wouldn't have sense that both make the same.
http://namecoinia.org/
Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba | NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S

aristoteles

Post by aristoteles »

I mean, the add to visualize domains "bit" could integrate with Bitcoin software, so every time someone will download the Bitcoin software could view the domains "bit"

This would benefit Namecoin and for Bitcoin.

For example NXT, I think it is integrated with what they call "domains" and not surprised, that after integrate complement their domain view, with her software.

virtual_master

Post by virtual_master »

aristoteles wrote:I mean, the add to visualize domains "bit" could integrate with Bitcoin software, so every time someone will download the Bitcoin software could view the domains "bit"

This would benefit Namecoin and for Bitcoin.
Bitcoin was created to enable uncensored online payments.
.bit domains in Namecoin are for uncensored content.
Mixing unrelated issues is considered a non-professional solution.
:D Similarly it could be also created a Bitcoin client which can be used to look videos.

It would have more sense at the moment to enable payments to a Namecoin ID from the Bitcoin client. An id/.. can be easier remembered than a Bitcoin address.
In this case namecoind must run in the background and the Bitcoin client fetch the BTC address from the Namecoin blockchain, where this must be in a recognizable format in the given id/...
It could be even better if something like Multibit would be enhanced with connection ability to the Namecoin network and only the needed data would be downloaded from the Namecoin blockchain.
If this is already realized then your proposal could have eventually more sense because we would have already a working client which connects to both Bitcoin and Namecoin - but I think even so it would be more secure to keep payments separated from domain surfing.
http://namecoinia.org/
Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba | NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S

aristoteles

Post by aristoteles »

I understand :D

davispuh

Post by davispuh »

actually, what about complete remake of namecoin on top of Bitcoin Core v.0.9.0? Not try to rebase current namecoin source code, but just reimplement. It would basically like how it is now with QT just with all new bitcoin features. To do this would need to know what is namecoin specific, different from bitcoin, like network protocol rules and such.

georgem

Post by georgem »

I think it would make much more sense if a plugin like meowbit (to view bitdomains) is integrated into the namecoin wallet.

Those two things belong together, and I hope to see them merged sometime in the future.

But merging Bitcoin and Namecoin?
Thats like a marriage between siblings.... NOT a good idea, lol

domob

Post by domob »

georgem wrote:I think it would make much more sense if a plugin like meowbit (to view bitdomains) is integrated into the namecoin wallet.
One could argue that Namecoin is not only about .bit - so this is also not really the place for a .bit plugin. Also, we have NMControl, which basically includes a DNS service like Meowbit (just with more features and cross-platform, albeit harder to use). I think NMControl should be the place for such "additional" things, the namecoin wallet should "just" be the wallet and core implementation of the Namecoin protocol.
BTC: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS
Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/