0 confirmsation. Why? or what should Ido?

aistto

0 confirmsation. Why? or what should Ido?

Post by aistto »

yesterday I sent 100 NMC to NMC exchange.
listtransaction show me 0 confirmation
in blockexplorer i can't find this transaction (address N9ZY2kLyrR2ugHKFriHuVsAVC5fwkKuure)
(fee = 0)

I lost 100 nmc forever?
And i didn't find info e-mail at exchange.bitparking.com

JohnDoe

Re: 0 confirmsation. Why? or what should Ido?

Post by JohnDoe »

Does it say in the site that your deposit is pending confirmation? If not then the problem might be that you sent the transaction while you didn't have any connections to other clients so it didn't get forwarded.

khal
Site Admin

Post by khal »

Restart namecoin, i guess it'll try to rend the transaction (not sure).
But they are not lost, they will be accepted sooner or later (blocks are really slow those days). (you'll see it in block explorer only after 1 confirmation).
NamecoinID: id/khal
GPG : 9CC5B92E965D69A9
NMC: N1KHAL5C1CRzy58NdJwp1tbLze3XrkFxx9
BTC: 1KHAL8bUjnkMRMg9yd2dNrYnJgZGH8Nj6T

Register Namecoin domains with BTC
My bitcoin Identity - Send messages to bitcoin users
Charity Ad - Make a good deed without paying a cent

aistto

Post by aistto »

thanks, now i see 1 confirmation and found transaction in blockexplorer

doublec

Post by doublec »

aistto wrote:thanks, now i see 1 confirmation and found transaction in blockexplorer
Blocks are very slow at the moment. Sometimes 2 hours. You won't see confirmations until a block is found and your transaction is included in it.

moa

Post by moa »

There was a suggestion sometime back to have an OR statement in namecoin code that would adjust difficulty after 2016 blks OR 14 days, whichever came first. We should have taken the chance to put this in then. As when it happens it will be too late to change it. (There is the problem of what time stamp to use if the network has effectively stopped solving blocks, but it only takes one to determine the date I think)

We may be getting into an eternal loop where the last difficulty is too large now that nodes are exiting and difficulty adjustment gets pushed out to an infinitely long time. Unless someone can scrounge up some mining help from somewhere to get us to the next diff. change.

Also it would help if people are more open about what their interests are in seeing this project succeed or fail.

JohnDoe

Post by JohnDoe »

moa wrote:There was a suggestion sometime back to have an OR statement in namecoin code that would adjust difficulty after 2016 blks OR 14 days, whichever came first. We should have taken the chance to put this in then. As when it happens it will be too late to change it. (There is the problem of what time stamp to use if the network has effectively stopped solving blocks, but it only takes one to determine the date I think)

We may be getting into an eternal loop where the last difficulty is too large now that nodes are exiting and difficulty adjustment gets pushed out to an infinitely long time. Unless someone can scrounge up some mining help from somewhere to get us to the next diff. change.

Also it would help if people are more open about what their interests are in seeing this project succeed or fail.
Yeah, totally forgot about that idea. We should definitely try to push this change along with the other stuff that's going into effect in block 24000.

khal
Site Admin

Post by khal »

I would prefer the mining fusion to be implemented rather than changing network rules. This situation will not last.
NamecoinID: id/khal
GPG : 9CC5B92E965D69A9
NMC: N1KHAL5C1CRzy58NdJwp1tbLze3XrkFxx9
BTC: 1KHAL8bUjnkMRMg9yd2dNrYnJgZGH8Nj6T

Register Namecoin domains with BTC
My bitcoin Identity - Send messages to bitcoin users
Charity Ad - Make a good deed without paying a cent

moa

Post by moa »

khal wrote:I would prefer the mining fusion to be implemented rather than changing network rules. This situation will not last.
By "mining fusion" I'll assume you mean cross-mining with bitcoin network hash-power on namecoin network. Locking BTC-NMC price together will negate the naming function of Namecoin and effectively introduce inflation into the BTC system. Instead of competing currencies they will be just one, but with more of them.

Also, I would argue that it is not in fact changing the network rule by putting an "OR 14 day maximum" qualifier on the difficulty adjustment but it is fixing the code to properly enforce the existing network rule to keep difficulty adjustments benefiting the network function. Clearly this is a bug Namecoin has discovered and bitcoin should be taking notice also.

It has been raised before in the context of a possible systemic attack mode.

https://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=8906.0
(Case iii)

Dobrodav

Post by Dobrodav »

Yes, that situation was discussed repeatedly on bitcoin forum, and most of users came to decision that if, block solving came around 1 block/24h, we need a manually patched client. We are not near that value, 1 block/~1.5 h enough for processing transactions.