Namecoin @ Facebook

sudoquai

Namecoin @ Facebook

Post by sudoquai »

Hi,

we've made this Facebook Page one week before, because Namecoin needs more marketing ...

Facebook is good for social marketing. Likes and articles to share are required - Just share and vote for it!

Here it is:
https://www.facebook.com/namecoin.org

Thx
Last edited by sudoquai on Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
NameID: id/sudo.wonder >>> Namecoin @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/namecoin.org

Johny

Re: Namecoin @ Facebook

Post by Johny »

I like this idea about the people marketing NMC out of pure passion for this coin. Keep it up bro.. need more like you.

indolering

Post by indolering »

Could you figure out why facebook.com/namecoin forwards to a bitcoin page and maybe figure out who owns the various twitter handles?
DNS is much more than a key->value datastore.

kurt

Post by kurt »

great look fb page !

phelix

Post by phelix »

Official Site: http://namecoin.org/
arrrrgh
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

indolering

Post by indolering »

phelix wrote:
Official Site: http://namecoin.org/
arrrrgh
Just try reading the IRC chat logs on this one (Pitbull, Khal, and myself, we tried).
DNS is much more than a key->value datastore.

traister

Post by traister »

Good page!

And I agree if namecoin.info is supposed to be the main namecoin website then it needs to be updated and have a more professional look to it and marketed towards people who dont fully understand crypto but are slowly getting into it. Like why does it show (Mac binary - ?). Is the namecoin website asking if there is a namecoin.qt for mac lol? Where it shows download it does not even say the word wallet anywhere and alot of people dont know that namecoin.qt is the wallet if you are new and starting out in crypto.

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

traister wrote:Good page!

And I agree if namecoin.info is supposed to be the main namecoin website then it needs to be updated and have a more professional look to it and marketed towards people who dont fully understand crypto but are slowly getting into it. Like why does it show (Mac binary - ?). Is the namecoin website asking if there is a namecoin.qt for mac lol? Where it shows download it does not even say the word wallet anywhere and alot of people dont know that namecoin.qt is the wallet if you are new and starting out in crypto.
This although sounds dumb to most people here.. is SPOT ON..

Instead of Namecoin-qt - on namecoin.info, it should say Wallet (and maybe namecoin-qt less emphasized):)
Also in threads - example, the namecoin-qt original thread (which i made ffs) doesn't even say wallet in the title lol - i so dumb

traister

Post by traister »

This although sounds dumb to most people here.. is SPOT ON..

Instead of Namecoin-qt - on namecoin.info, it should say Wallet (and maybe namecoin-qt less emphasized):)
Also in threads - example, the namecoin-qt original thread (which i made ffs) doesn't even say wallet in the title lol - i so dumb

Ha well like I mean im not the most tech savvy person in the world but I figured it out. But after listening to people talk in btc-e chat about how NMC doesnt even have a wallet and over and over again I have to explain that namecoin.qt is the wallet and where you can purchase domains, ive realized there are lazy people out there who dont care to do the proper search and if they dont see the word wallet automatically assume there is no download for 1. Id say that most of the NMC purchased on BTC-E is being kept on BTC-E because of this.

phelix

Post by phelix »

added "wallet" to namecoin.info

Also did some maintenance.

btw: The github top line now sayz "namecoin.info" - just to be clear.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum