GHash.IO currently submitting more than 51% of NMC blocks

traister

Re: GHash.IO currently submitting more than 51% of NMC block

Post by traister »

namecoin.org is using a script I wrote. The inaccuracy wasn't due to only having 3 pools; it's due to the fact that it was using the ratio of BTC/NMC difficulties, which only update every 2 weeks (and not at the same time). BTC difficulty had just updated; NMC hadn't yet; this caused all pools to appear inflated. I have updated the script to use real-time network hashrates, so it should be pretty close to accurate now.

Ahh gotcha! Good to see that NMC is no where near that 51% Could that graph be uploaded to namecoin.info as well? That being said it looks like namecoin.info could use a little redesigning and updating. Seems like it is somewhat outdated. Correct me if im wrong but it shows this "Attach values (data) to the names (currently up to 520 bytes, will be extended)". I believe now it is currently up to 1023 bytes. Obviously not the end of the world and I can see that alot of development in the works, but it should still be kept up to date.

domob

Re: GHash.IO currently submitting more than 51% of NMC block

Post by domob »

traister wrote:Ahh gotcha! Good to see that NMC is no where near that 51% Could that graph be uploaded to namecoin.info as well? That being said it looks like namecoin.info could use a little redesigning and updating. Seems like it is somewhat outdated. Correct me if im wrong but it shows this "Attach values (data) to the names (currently up to 520 bytes, will be extended)". I believe now it is currently up to 1023 bytes. Obviously not the end of the world and I can see that alot of development in the works, but it should still be kept up to date.
Be careful here, actually the limit "is" 1023 bytes already, but due to a bug, if you set a value with 520 bytes or higher (maybe even 519 bytes, I'm not sure), the name gets stuck and you must let it expire. But yes, it is planned to fix this at some point in the future, and extend the length up to 4 KiB or so.
BTC: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS
Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/