Namecoin Dev List

khal
Site Admin

Re: Namecoin Dev List

Post by khal »

snailbrain wrote:i got the test message, and replied with "received"

did you get that?
Yes, received (but the way you write your reply I almost missed it :p)
NamecoinID: id/khal
GPG : 9CC5B92E965D69A9
NMC: N1KHAL5C1CRzy58NdJwp1tbLze3XrkFxx9
BTC: 1KHAL8bUjnkMRMg9yd2dNrYnJgZGH8Nj6T

Register Namecoin domains with BTC
My bitcoin Identity - Send messages to bitcoin users
Charity Ad - Make a good deed without paying a cent

indolering

Post by indolering »

We still need to establish a secure channel over bitmessage. I've installed bitmessage, but I haven't setup a channel or anything. Can someone please set this up?

I also contacted silent circle, but they are unwilling to donate services to anyone but human rights groups. I use TorChat, but I would prefer not to post my address publicly.
DNS is much more than a key->value datastore.

domob

Post by domob »

indolering wrote:We still need to establish a secure channel over bitmessage. I've installed bitmessage, but I haven't setup a channel or anything. Can someone please set this up?

I also contacted silent circle, but they are unwilling to donate services to anyone but human rights groups. I use TorChat, but I would prefer not to post my address publicly.
I already set one up, but so far only khal is writing to it. I'll send you the chan secret when I'm home where I have it (and don't forget, otherwise remind me or ask khal).
BTC: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS
Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/

indolering

Post by indolering »

domob wrote:
indolering wrote:We still need to establish a secure channel over bitmessage. I've installed bitmessage, but I haven't setup a channel or anything. Can someone please set this up?

I already set one up, but so far only khal is writing to it. I'll send you the chan secret when I'm home where I have it (and don't forget, otherwise remind me or ask khal).
PGP for zachlym@indolering.com.

Speaking of which, someone should probably get a list of everyone's contact info and their PGP keys.

domob

Post by domob »

indolering wrote:PGP for zachlym@indolering.com.

Speaking of which, someone should probably get a list of everyone's contact info and their PGP keys.
Thanks, I'll import and use it. Do you also want me to publicly sign your key for the GPG WoT? BTW, NameID now supports display of GPG fingerprints associated to your id/ name. Take a look at id/domob (https://nameid.org/?name=domob).

I think it is a very good thing to have redundant secure communications channels set up as much as possible. For me, the best way to contact me is via either Bitmessage (see signature or id/domob) or email+GPG (see id/domob or the fingerprint spammed in lots of mailing list archives in my signature, 04F7CF52). XMPP+OTR is also available (or, presumably, private IRC chats using OTR on freenode - but I never tried those), but best with appointed times.
BTC: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS
Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/

indolering

Post by indolering »

domob wrote: Thanks, I'll import and use it. Do you also want me to publicly sign your key for the GPG WoT? BTW, NameID now supports display of GPG fingerprints associated to your id/ name.
Not yet, my GPG situation is a total mess and I am planning on revoking all my old keys after the switch to ECC.

sugarpuff

Post by sugarpuff »

What's the deal with the dev list? I sent an email a couple days ago and got an Undeliverable error to namecoin-dev@dot-bit.org:

Code: Select all

Final-Recipient: rfc822; namecoin-dev+dot-bit.org@srv01.web-sweet-web.net
Original-Recipient: rfc822; namecoin-dev_dot-bit.org@srv01.web-sweet-web.net
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; unknown user: "namecoin-dev+dot-bit.org"
Anywho, this is what I posted:
sugarpuff wrote:After the okTurtles presentation at EFF CUP I got requests on how to build namecoind on OS X, so I created a fork on GitHub that builds on my machine, using Homebrew for the dependencies.

The only issue left to fix is instructions on how to install specific versions of the dependencies (to avoid accidentally resulting a hard fork).

Unfortunately, I couldn't find "db-4.7.25.NC" via Homebrew. The farthest back they have is 4.8.30. Is that OK?

Also, I haven't tested yet if boost 1.5 builds on OS X or not. 1.55 does, but I'm not sure about 1.5.

I hope to send a PR soon with this, but right now I'm still busy at the conference. If you'd like to see the changes I made to get it to build on OS X, see here:

https://github.com/okTurtles/namecoin/c ... eac2670c41

(Feel free to comment!)

Cheers,
Greg Slepak

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

sugarpuff wrote:What's the deal with the dev list? I sent an email a couple days ago and got an Undeliverable error to namecoin-dev@dot-bit.org:

Code: Select all

Final-Recipient: rfc822; namecoin-dev+dot-bit.org@srv01.web-sweet-web.net
Original-Recipient: rfc822; namecoin-dev_dot-bit.org@srv01.web-sweet-web.net
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; unknown user: "namecoin-dev+dot-bit.org"
Anywho, this is what I posted:
sugarpuff wrote:After the okTurtles presentation at EFF CUP I got requests on how to build namecoind on OS X, so I created a fork on GitHub that builds on my machine, using Homebrew for the dependencies.

The only issue left to fix is instructions on how to install specific versions of the dependencies (to avoid accidentally resulting a hard fork).

Unfortunately, I couldn't find "db-4.7.25.NC" via Homebrew. The farthest back they have is 4.8.30. Is that OK?

Also, I haven't tested yet if boost 1.5 builds on OS X or not. 1.55 does, but I'm not sure about 1.5.

I hope to send a PR soon with this, but right now I'm still busy at the conference. If you'd like to see the changes I made to get it to build on OS X, see here:

https://github.com/okTurtles/namecoin/c ... eac2670c41

(Feel free to comment!)

Cheers,
Greg Slepak
The mailing list is down, we're aware of the issue and are trying to get it fixed.

There's already a PR pending which fixes OS X support.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

indolering

Post by indolering »

I emailed Ademan a few days ago asking that he transfer the emails, but he has yet to reply. Does anyone have the ability to ping him in another way?

sugarpuff

Post by sugarpuff »

indolering wrote:I emailed Ademan a few days ago asking that he transfer the emails, but he has yet to reply. Does anyone have the ability to ping him in another way?
Maybe post the link to the new Google Groups list and we manually sign up?