Much could be 1 nmc in the future?

aristoteles

Post by aristoteles »

I understand it is hard to predict, but I would like to know your opinions.

I love the idea of namecoin, and I think has a great future, but I am not very clear as can be assessed in the future, 1, 10, 100 usd?

Thanks for your opinion :)

regards

ninjarobot

Re: Much could be 1 nmc in the future?

Post by ninjarobot »

It can be anything. Whatever the market wants to pay for it. Namecoin has roughly the same properties and security as Bitcoin which is a plus. Also Namecoin is able to capitalize on all the non-currency applications of the blockchain that require "Proof of Ownership" of which Domain names is just one.

On the downside, Namecoin is lacking visibility, running on somewhat outdated code, has no dedicated core-dev team like bitcoin, no foundation and most implementations (DNS, Identity) are rough around the edges (not ready for mass consumption).

I think Namecoin is priced right at the moment. It does however has a lot of untapped potential imho.

virtual_master

Post by virtual_master »

aristoteles wrote:Much could be 1 nmc in the future?

I love the idea of namecoin, and I think has a great future, but I am not very clear as can be assessed in the future, 1, 10, 100 usd?

regards
Namecoin is almost so much worth as Bitcoin was 1 year ago.
May be in 1 year it will be like Bitcoin is now. But it depends on the development and on the marketing also.
We need to make browsing .bit domains easier, and make known Namecoin ID and other applications to groups who could be potentially interested. We should make more informative posts on different sites.
http://namecoinia.org/
Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba | NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S

gigabytecoin

Post by gigabytecoin »

It's going to hit $50 tomorrow. /s

Until we can get some traction on .bit domains, I think people will always see NMC as being worth a small fraction of BTC value... whatever that may be.

jonyspain

Post by jonyspain »

gigabytecoin wrote:It's going to hit $50 tomorrow. /s

Until we can get some traction on .bit domains, I think people will always see NMC as being worth a small fraction of BTC value... whatever that may be.
People want btc, it's normal, the pools just exchange it for btc.

From an economic perspective, you have to look at the transaction fees, what it's cheaper on $ terms, to transact on nmc or btc, if it's nmc buy nmc, if it's btc sell them. 0.01btc should be a target atm.

zzrdn

Post by zzrdn »

You must first figure out the inflationary vs. deflationary trajectory of Namecoin. You can do this by finding out what is done with name registration pricing and the destruction of coins.

sudoquai

Post by sudoquai »

aristoteles wrote:Much could be 1 nmc in the future?

regards
Namecoins offer a real intrinsic value unless bitcoins are doing wasting only energy and Namecoins are as rare as Bitcoins. This means Namecoin could reach Bitcoins value - it depends only on the market, which decides to use Namecoins or not and this depends on a good marketing of Namecoins.
NameID: id/sudo.wonder >>> Namecoin @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/namecoin.org

traister

Post by traister »

Namecoins offer a real intrinsic value unless bitcoins are doing wasting only energy and Namecoins are as rare as Bitcoins. This means Namecoin could reach Bitcoins value - it depends only on the market, which decides to use Namecoins or not and this depends on a good marketing of Namecoins.
I agree which is what got me into namecoin in the first place. I truly believe it could be worth the same as bitcoin or more in the future depending on development and marketing. I think a big problem now is that most people who don't own a website or aren't somewhat tech savvy dont really understand the real uses of NMC compared to BTC and unless you actually fully research it, one could assume it is just another useless clone (scam coin) which is definitely is not. I think a proper "What is Namecoin" video would make it easy for someone to really understand! I cant tell you how many times I have just told someone to watch the "What is bitcoin" video for a quick tutorial after trying to explain it to someone who is not a computer person. If explaining BTC is hard enough then think about NMC for the average person.
Ex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo

Just a little project I thought someone could take up at some point which I think could help namecoin in the future!

sudoquai

Post by sudoquai »

traister wrote:
I agree which is what got me into namecoin in the first place. I truly believe it could be worth the same as bitcoin or more in the future depending on development and marketing. I think a big problem now is that most people who don't own a website or aren't somewhat tech savvy dont really understand the real uses of NMC compared to BTC and unless you actually fully research it, one could assume it is just another useless clone (scam coin) which is definitely is not. I think a proper "What is Namecoin" video would make it easy for someone to really understand! I cant tell you how many times I have just told someone to watch the "What is bitcoin" video for a quick tutorial after trying to explain it to someone who is not a computer person. If explaining BTC is hard enough then think about NMC for the average person.
Ex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo

Just a little project I thought someone could take up at some point which I think could help namecoin in the future!
Yes - NMC needs a little bit more marketing and professional look. But before we start a video production we need a good logo first.

Here is my suggestion - a fast Blender Render Preview of the Namecoin Logo:

Mirror:

Forum Discussion:
http://dot-bit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1499
NameID: id/sudo.wonder >>> Namecoin @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/namecoin.org

Johny

Post by Johny »

I totaly agree that NMC needs a more professional look and beeter marketing.
I have a really good feeling that 2014 will be the year for NMC !!!