Much could be 1 nmc in the future?

kurt

Re: Much could be 1 nmc in the future?

Post by kurt »

Agreed but name coins biggest asset is the .bit network and domain

once its up and running and accessible to the masses ie. using firefox chrome etc then it is marketable

until then its just a clone of bitcoin

most people are still getting there head around bitcoin so to tell them its the like new internet really blows there mind !

if only you could show them a working .bit domain (without the .pe)

Ben

Post by Ben »

Does Namecoin's use limit the potential value of NMC as a currency? For example if NMC was to ever reach BTC-level value, let's say $1000, then to register a name it now costs $10. Some people may consider this too dear for certain Namecoin applications.
N9kVqK8zrgtHvD6kD4yk3UgM2dkP2NykDr

traister

Post by traister »

No namecoin is supposed to gain in value over time just like bitcoin. Not exactly sure how it works but im sure one of the devs can explain it a little better. As I understand it though, as the difficulty of mining of NMC increases over time the cost to purchase a .bit domain is lowered as well. Right now it currently cost .01 to register a domain so I believe it is meant to cut in half when it reaches the difficulty so it would go to .005 at that point. This is set so that if NMC can raise in value and still cost around the same to purchase domains if you were to transfer back to fiat. That being said right now namecoin is extremely undervalued as it only cost penny's to register a domain right now. This would change though if .bit was easier to access! Am I correct?

gd101

Post by gd101 »

i think it would be pretty difficult to predict the future price, but it is a good idea that is needed.
If it catches on it could be worth something, but it might be tough for people to understand what it is.
just got interested in Bitcoin and other altcoins. Am blogging about about finance and bitcoin at http://igmonlineloans.com

sudoquai

Post by sudoquai »

Namecoins could be more expensive than Bitcoin itself ;)
NameID: id/sudo.wonder >>> Namecoin @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/namecoin.org