Connections limit and list of .bit domains in RFC1035 style

akurczyk

Connections limit and list of .bit domains in RFC1035 style

Post by akurczyk »

Hi,

1. My Internet connection upload is about 512 kbps (EuroDOCSIS 2.0 network) so the NMC client connected to 60 other nodes is exhausting it completely. What can I do to let it use no more than 100 kbps when its up and running.

2. How can i download an RFC1035 compatible zone of bit TLD from the client? I want to start my own DNS server.

Thanks in advance

snailbrain

Re: Connections limit and list of .bit domains in RFC1035 st

Post by snailbrain »

akurczyk wrote:Hi,

1. My Internet connection upload is about 512 kbps (EuroDOCSIS 2.0 network) so the NMC client connected to 60 other nodes is exhausting it completely. What can I do to let it use no more than 100 kbps when its up and running.

2. How can i download an RFC1035 compatible zone of bit TLD from the client? I want to start my own DNS server.

Thanks in advance
in config file you can use something like maxconnetions=8 (i think is that?)
or need some other throttling software (or maybe can do some qos on router)?

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

akurczyk wrote:Hi,

Thanks in advance
Not sure about #2, but if you want to start a DNS server, you might try looking at either nmcontrol or namecointobind.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

akurczyk

Post by akurczyk »

1. Where do I have to save this file? On Linux it's located in ~/.namecoind/namecoind.conf.

2. I started this server using NamecoinToBind PHP script :) It has some errors but it works. The address is: akurczyk.nazwa.pl.

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

akurczyk wrote:Thanks :)

1. Where do I have to save this file? On Linux it's located in ~/.namecoind/namecoind.conf.

2. I started this server using NamecoinToBind PHP script :) It has some errors but it works. The address is: akurczyk.nazwa.pl.
on Linux it should be ~/.namecoin/namecoin.conf

not namecoind