Namecoin 15/10/13 Hard Fork - update before 8th Dec

aristoteles

Re: Namecoin 15/10/13 Hard Fork - Thread

Post by aristoteles »

By the way,

This domain whois dotbit.me in I get an email, but in explorer.dot-bit.org not appear the same record in the history, how could this happen? dotbit.me is a failure?

I also remember that there was a chain message bitcoin.bit and now no longer exists, what happened? I thought that all transactions were recorded.

Thanks

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

aristoteles wrote:By the way,

This domain whois dotbit.me in I get an email, but in explorer.dot-bit.org not appear the same record in the history, how could this happen? dotbit.me is a failure?

I also remember that there was a chain message bitcoin.bit and now no longer exists, what happened? I thought that all transactions were recorded.

Thanks
the message that said "namecoin died on 15/oct/13" or something?
it doesn't show because Khal has updated the blockexplorer so it doesn't recognize the fake transaction.

aristoteles

Post by aristoteles »

Hi, thanks for answering.

Yes, I meant that message. But as I explain what I understand :) thanks

snailbrain

Re: Namecoin 15/10/13 Hard Fork - update before 13th Dec

Post by snailbrain »

Hard Fork update estimated 13th of December

havek

Post by havek »

I'm just making sure that after the fork, any NMC created prior will still be usable, right? Or are all previous transactions going to be unverifiable?

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

havek wrote:I'm just making sure that after the fork, any NMC created prior will still be usable, right? Or are all previous transactions going to be unverifiable?
everything is supposed to work normally (but still do a small prayer if you can :))

phelix

Post by phelix »

snailbrain wrote:
havek wrote:I'm just making sure that after the fork, any NMC created prior will still be usable, right? Or are all previous transactions going to be unverifiable?
everything is supposed to work normally (but still do a small prayer if you can :))
LOL. Only to the blockchain / the great Satoshi.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

aristoteles

Post by aristoteles »

phelix wrote:
biolizard89 wrote:
aristoteles wrote:Hello,

I wanted to buy another domain, I know I said that if the seller is trustworthy should be no problem, but we all know that when money is hard to rely on, so I wanted to know,

No way of knowing when a domain has been stolen?

I understand that, if after the date was announced bug (15/10/2013) has NOT had a name_update or name_firstupdate, we are talking about a domain that has NOT been stolen, or am I wrong?

There would be another way to tell?

Thanks for your help
My understanding is that if you're using the Namecoin build with the fix (on namecoin.info), you're safe. But, I'm not certain of this, so probably best to wait for snailbrain to confirm this before you rely on my word.
correct
Hello, thank you very much for your reply.The problem is that dotbit.me use its exchange platform, or will be, once you have it dotbit.me in my account, can I transfer it to my client namecoin updated, without having any problems?

Thanks in advance

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

aristoteles wrote:
phelix wrote:
biolizard89 wrote:My understanding is that if you're using the Namecoin build with the fix (on namecoin.info), you're safe. But, I'm not certain of this, so probably best to wait for snailbrain to confirm this before you rely on my word.
correct
Hello, thank you very much for your reply.The problem is that dotbit.me use its exchange platform, or will be, once you have it dotbit.me in my account, can I transfer it to my client namecoin updated, without having any problems?

Thanks in advance
Why would you use dotbit.me? Trusting a third party with your private keys is always risky, and 5 NMC per domain is a ripoff (namecoind/Namecoin-Qt would cost 0.02 NMC for the same thing). All that said, if you trust dotbit.me, then yes, they should be able to transfer a name to you. If you're running the fixed Namecoin client and the client shows the transferred name as legit, then it's legit.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

snailbrain

Re: Namecoin 15/10/13 Hard Fork - update before 11th Dec

Post by snailbrain »

Hard Fork Date Brought Forward

11th DECEMBER