Funding and Projects

snailbrain

Funding and Projects

Post by snailbrain »

do you think there needs to be a namecoin funding thread.. similar to the litecoin funding thread...?

it's ok putting your own donation links in your sig, but, do they actually work? (maybe once in a blue moon).. and of course donations are really for work that's already been done (normally)...

What concerns me.. is for example:

Khal has got an epic task ahead of him.. he has been sort of left with being the lead dev with no pay (a big responsibility)...
of course i don't know what his financial situation is like.. maybe he has 100k stashed NMC (which wouldn't be as bad) .. but it seems a little unfair to do all this work..
if he thinks it's not problem then "ok"....

if i was "wealthy" i would surely donate, but i can barely pay the rent myself as it is :/

i know there is an address on the namecoin.info website, but a thread on the bitcointalk forum will be seen by 100x more people..

The LTC funding thread/address has had a lot of funding/donations..

I consider what Khal is doing as "Namecoin Funding".. and also.. the all in one solution needed for .bit domains as "Namecoin Funding"
for projects which may be separate but use namecoin, it may be best to ask for funding separately in its own thread? maybe.. who knows.. what are everyone thoughts..?

also:

How would a project which actually uses namecoin as is, effect the blockchain... is this going to cause a problem before we sort out fees (and maybe expire-able names for easy pruning).. ? example.. if we have something in which a 1000 names are being registered a day, is this going to cause an issue.. or is this negligible..

do we wait until Khal has finished his epic task? do we wait till tx Fees have been discussed and accepted....

how hard is it going to be to complete any hard forks? will people be on "our side"?

just random thoughts