namecoin-wallet.com scammers? Who knows what? What happened?

Post Reply
alexey.krasin
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:19 am
os: windows

namecoin-wallet.com scammers? Who knows what? What happened?

Post by alexey.krasin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:50 am

namecoin-wallet.com was this site. Then the redirect to https://namecoin.org!!
Until the time of redirection, the online wallet means, when trying to translate a friend's address, were hanging in the process !! And so no one has translated anything. Among other things, the messages in support did not give anything! No answer. And then in a moment I get to the site https: //namecoin.org !! On the Internet very poor information on this situation, some just write scammers, othersothers try to find help. But the most important thing is that this issue is simply deaf. And this is not just a mistake in the transfer of funds or a banal fraud. A very incomprehensible situation, despite the fact that the creators of this coin are simply silent! And on the basis of this site did the main !! If it's their fault - are they going to return the funds ??
.... There are many questions, as well as versions !!!

cassini
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Re: namecoin-wallet.com ---> namecoin-wallet.info scam

Post by cassini » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:50 am

Meanwhile the scam site has moved to namecoin-wallet.info,
see https://www.reddit.com/r/bitfinex/comme ... ouncement/

biolizard89
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:25 am
os: linux

Re: namecoin-wallet.com scammers? Who knows what? What happe

Post by biolizard89 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:35 am

alexey.krasin wrote:A very incomprehensible situation
It's not hard to figure out what happened; most web wallets are scams, this one is no different.
alexey.krasin wrote:despite the fact that the creators of this coin are simply silent!
Of course Vince is silent, he vanished shortly after creating Namecoin. Were you expecting Satoshi to return so that he could show up on BitcoinTalk to comment about the MtGox theft...?
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

samurai321
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:46 pm
os: windows

Re: namecoin-wallet.com scammers? Who knows what? What happe

Post by samurai321 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:33 pm

alexey.krasin wrote:namecoin-wallet.com was this site. Then the redirect to https://namecoin.org!!
Until the time of redirection, the online wallet means, when trying to translate a friend's address, were hanging in the process !! And so no one has translated anything. Among other things, the messages in support did not give anything! No answer. And then in a moment I get to the site https: //namecoin.org !! On the Internet very poor information on this situation, some just write scammers, othersothers try to find help. But the most important thing is that this issue is simply deaf. And this is not just a mistake in the transfer of funds or a banal fraud. A very incomprehensible situation, despite the fact that the creators of this coin are simply silent! And on the basis of this site did the main !! If it's their fault - are they going to return the funds ??
.... There are many questions, as well as versions !!!

I think you don't understand, anyone can register a domain name, and point it to any website.

the fact that namecoin-wallet is pointing to the official namecoin website does not mean that namecoin developers have anything to do with this. Anyone can register a domain and point it to any page. The scammers are unknown and they most likely pointed to the official website once a google search for namecoin-wallet showed a thread on bitcointalk were people were pointing out that it is a scam.

if funds were stolen you have to contact your countrys ciber-crime police and report... then will then look thru the domain history do a whois and see that they are owned by
Registrant Name: VONLIT KIILY
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 151 WILLIAMSBRIDGE RD
Registrant City: BRONX
Registrant State/Province: NV
Registrant Postal Code: 10461
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.9172935718
athenaonlive@gmail.com

Of course, all this info can be fake too.

biolizard89
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:25 am
os: linux

Re: namecoin-wallet.com scammers? Who knows what? What happe

Post by biolizard89 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:18 pm

samurai321 wrote:
alexey.krasin wrote:namecoin-wallet.com was this site. Then the redirect to https://namecoin.org!!
Until the time of redirection, the online wallet means, when trying to translate a friend's address, were hanging in the process !! And so no one has translated anything. Among other things, the messages in support did not give anything! No answer. And then in a moment I get to the site https: //namecoin.org !! On the Internet very poor information on this situation, some just write scammers, othersothers try to find help. But the most important thing is that this issue is simply deaf. And this is not just a mistake in the transfer of funds or a banal fraud. A very incomprehensible situation, despite the fact that the creators of this coin are simply silent! And on the basis of this site did the main !! If it's their fault - are they going to return the funds ??
.... There are many questions, as well as versions !!!

I think you don't understand, anyone can register a domain name, and point it to any website.

the fact that namecoin-wallet is pointing to the official namecoin website does not mean that namecoin developers have anything to do with this. Anyone can register a domain and point it to any page. The scammers are unknown and they most likely pointed to the official website once a google search for namecoin-wallet showed a thread on bitcointalk were people were pointing out that it is a scam.
Note to self: if I ever want to make illiterate people think someone I don't like is a scammer, all I need to do is run a scam site for a few months, and then make the scam site redirect to the website of the person I don't like. Apparently people will actually believe that this means the person I don't like owns the website. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

(On a serious note: is that actually what OP was saying? His English was poor enough that I had trouble figuring out what he was asking... now it makes slightly more sense but just raises more questions... such as "Why would you think any of these things?")

(On a still more serious note: @Namecoin on Twitter actually did waste a significant amount of my time replying to people who reported being scammed by this site, telling them that we don't endorse any web wallets. So I really don't appreciate being called a scammer because apparently I didn't waste a sufficiently large amount of my time explaining the should-be-obvious fact that web wallets aren't ours. What's next, people blaming the IETF because IETF engineers didn't warn them about every scam that uses TCP/IP? Blaming ICANN for every scam website that has a domain name? Blaming the US government for every scam that steals money in US dollars?)
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

Post Reply