Bounty for Armory Support?

biolizard89

Bounty for Armory Support?

Post by biolizard89 »

(This thread is mainly aimed at josephbich.)

So I was meaning to put a BountySource bounty up for Armory support prior to when josephbich started working on it. Although most of the work is done now, I think he should be compensated for his time/effort put into it, particularly since no one else seemed to have the interest+time+skill to work on it.

At this point I think I can put up $100 for having Namecoin currency transactions merged, and another $100 for having name transactions (without automatic JSON construction) merged. I know this isn't much money... funds are pretty tight at the moment.

@josephbisch is this acceptable? Does anyone else have an objection to those bounties?
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

domob

Re: Bounty for Armory Support?

Post by domob »

I think that's more than fair.
BTC: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS
Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/

josephbisch

Post by josephbisch »

I agree with domob, that it is more than fair.

I wasn't expecting anything, so I appreciate what you are doing. It's much more than I received in donations for packaging Armory for Debian (which was 6.5 bitcents or ~$25). Though those were donations instead of a bounty.

Maybe you want to clarify what exactly qualifies for the name transactions bounty. Does it include the GUI for creating new name transactions? Does it include the GUI for observing existing name transactions associated with the user's addresses? Or is it just the transaction types added to the underlying C++ (which isn't particularly useful without the associated GUI elements)?

domob

Post by domob »

josephbisch wrote:I agree with domob, that it is more than fair.
In case it wasn't clear before, let me clarify: I meant that the bounty was more than due for the achievement, and not that it was more money than would be fair. ;) But I hope that I was able to communicate this meaning.
BTC: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS
Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

josephbisch wrote:I agree with domob, that it is more than fair.

I wasn't expecting anything, so I appreciate what you are doing. It's much more than I received in donations for packaging Armory for Debian (which was 6.5 bitcents or ~$25). Though those were donations instead of a bounty.

Maybe you want to clarify what exactly qualifies for the name transactions bounty. Does it include the GUI for creating new name transactions? Does it include the GUI for observing existing name transactions associated with the user's addresses? Or is it just the transaction types added to the underlying C++ (which isn't particularly useful without the associated GUI elements)?
For the name transactions bounty, I'd basically like the same functionality that's available in the Namecoin-Qt "Names" tab (except for the automatic JSON construction; that can come later); so both the ability to see name transactions that are associated with the wallet, and the ability to create new name transactions. If you like, I can split that bounty into $50 for each of those two components.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5