Reward for video

indolering

Reward for video

Post by indolering »

I asked Swedespade to update his we-use-namecoin video to use the correct logo a little while back and he responded with the following,
Aside from the 10NMC bounty i received for my 4+ weeks and resources put into the video I made, I have seen nothing from this community aside from some very generous donations from sudo for my efforts. I offered my services and the community was silent. So don't blame me for seeking more inclusive communities.

I actually have a 2nd video on deck with reasons for why you should get a .bit. It is about 90% ready but I lack freetime/motivation to make the final push to finish it. If i were a richer man I would have the free time to volunteer. But as of this moment in time I cant afford to put the time in, really. Maybe a few months down the road

I am not blaming you are anything. I just had higher expectation coming in i guess.
1 BTC would make me pretty happy and I would continue my efforts with a smile (make whatever changes to the first video and provide you with a 2nd, pretty cool video (i have 6 videos 'planned'). But I dont expect you to rtoll out the red carpet for me.
In my followup I tried to explain how over worked and under funded we are, he took pity and updated the video to remove Sudo's logo. I told him I would at least ask, I think his videos are great and that they should be front and center on the website.

If anyone thinks a larger award is appropriate or would match funds, I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks.
DNS is much more than a key->value datastore.

biolizard89

Re: Reward for video

Post by biolizard89 »

I just want to say that I agree 100%, and if I had funds available for PR materials I would absolutely donate to projects such as this one. Unfortunately I don't have any funds for this (the FSM funds are earmarked for development). Maybe one day we'll actually have sufficient funding that we're all not working for free...
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5