Namecoin Rebase [Bounty] 17.5k HUCs -- No Longer Available -

snailbrain

Namecoin Rebase [Bounty] 17.5k HUCs -- No Longer Available -

Post by snailbrain »

Currently the author of Libcoin is snowed under with work, and doesn't think he will be able to fulfil re-implementation on Libcoin (he is aware of the bounty).

25k HUC Bounty for Rebase or Reimplementation of Namecoin onto Bitcoin or Libcoin. This will be split into Parts:

12500 Completion without GUI (split into 2500 per version number increase.. e.g. 0.4 to 0.5) (unless done with libcoin)
5000 With GUI (to register names/auto firstupdate etc)

7500 Huntercoin Rebase/Reimp + GUI (should be easier after the above)

This may be an option for thecoder at a later date.. but is open to anyone

The Current Value of Cryptos has dropped across the board.. at one point this total bounty was worth $67500 (albiet without the volume to sell)

http://huntercoin.org/information/bounties/

domob

Re: Namecoin Rebase [Bounty] 17500 HUCs (25k Total)

Post by domob »

As mentioned already on the mailing list, I'm interested in that. But I can't work full-time on it (even with the bounty), so it depends on what really needs to be done. Does anyone know whether libcoin already has all required functionality and we "only" have to base the RPC commands on it? Or is there also something that still needs to be implemented in libcoin of the basic Namecoin functionality? What about mining, for instance?
BTC: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS
Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

domob wrote:As mentioned already on the mailing list, I'm interested in that. But I can't work full-time on it (even with the bounty), so it depends on what really needs to be done. Does anyone know whether libcoin already has all required functionality and we "only" have to base the RPC commands on it? Or is there also something that still needs to be implemented in libcoin of the basic Namecoin functionality? What about mining, for instance?
i'm not entirely sure where he is up too.. the last message was that he's too busy with his new role at work so wouldn't be able to fulfil the bounty.
I didn't follow up as I didn't want to pester him..

but seems indoldering got further.. I think from the message he is more than willing to help..

maybe send him an email from the one listed in the mailing list, explaining you want to take on the role

Even if it's a few hours a week, i think it will be fine.. also it would be good to get more people involved with the client software..

if get stuck with the GUI part (auto firstupdates?).. probably thecoder can help some -- probably not worth thinking about that stage yet

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

This bounty is no longer vailable

indolering

Post by indolering »

Snail, I think a partial bounty should be paid out to Domob for his work on this project.

Also, please update the title to this thread to reflect the cancellation.
DNS is much more than a key->value datastore.

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

indolering wrote:Snail, I think a partial bounty should be paid out to Domob for his work on this project.

Also, please update the title to this thread to reflect the cancellation.
updated

I allowed Mikhail to keep the premine bounty on his PC..
As he passed away, the pre-allocation (premine) are still on his hard drive, probably encrypted. I have tried to get access to it, apparently so have many others (according to his mother). if the blockexplorer was working, you can see the premine remains untouched http://huc.explorer.dot-bit.org/a/HVguP ... 6RD7z7F7MJ

I have paid 3k from Huntercoin dev fund which people have donated, for his work so far on huntercoin. Everything except disaster implementation has basically been ported to namecoin, and other improvements in namecoin have probably been initiated by domobs work on huntercoin (same with mikhails work on huntercoin), and i'm sure more stuff will be ported in the future.
Probably Huntercoin will/can help improve namecoin with any scalability issues?

I apologise for the loss of the bounty, but I think domob was already aware of this?

not sure how i can "partially pay" - currently I am out of funds.. i do think i posted about the bounty no longer being available just before domob started work on the libcoin rebase (and i of course sent him a PM before that).

I do think domob should be paid something from the NDF bounty though -- removed some stuff
We need other people to contribute - for 1 man to be the only one contributing to the code atm, it's a big responsibility and time consuming.
Talk and proposals are all well and good, but without people actually doing anything, it goes nowhere - of course some website stuff has been done lately (also freespeechme is a great boost).

I'm pretty sure domob has the skills to do the main important things:

Sort Fees (renews?)
Create a Semi Lite Client
Create Name Trading client (or qt tab addon)
Fix 51x byte limit
Libcoin Rebase

and
Torrent (of sorts) Client
Instant Messenger?

how can we expect him to do all this for free - send him 1 btc imo :)

indolering

Re: Namecoin Rebase [Bounty] 17.5k HUCs -- No Longer Availab

Post by indolering »

OMG, I'm sorry Snail, I didn't understand. Don't worry about it.

I happen to be something of an amateur expert in password cracking, but the language difference makes this much, much harder. If it's really FDE and he didn't have a password safe anywhere, well.... Keep ahold of the disk, I might be able to try something later in the future.

I'm working hard to try and get some funding for Domob, myself, and a contractor, like Mikhail :_(
DNS is much more than a key->value datastore.