Difficulty/Prices Rising

Anth0n

Difficulty/Prices Rising

Post by Anth0n »

Looks like Namecoin difficulty is growing faster than Bitcoin difficulty, which is corresponding with a higher NMC price. Also, more users seem to be visiting the forum, meaning interest in the project might be increasing. Do you think Namecoin difficulty will eventually catch up with Bitcoin difficulty? Even Bitcoin miners who do not need Namecoins might find it more profitable to mine NMC. So Namecoin might be good for speculation.

khal
Site Admin

Re: Difficulty/Prices Rising

Post by khal »

Will namecoin exceed the parity or drop ? :p
NamecoinID: id/khal
GPG : 9CC5B92E965D69A9
NMC: N1KHAL5C1CRzy58NdJwp1tbLze3XrkFxx9
BTC: 1KHAL8bUjnkMRMg9yd2dNrYnJgZGH8Nj6T

Register Namecoin domains with BTC
My bitcoin Identity - Send messages to bitcoin users
Charity Ad - Make a good deed without paying a cent

nc-or-btc...

Post by nc-or-btc... »

I´ve got the same problem. I´m not sure... But that´s the way with speculating.

What you can see is that the price while rising the volume of namecoins is falling down. It seems there is the same request like the beginning of mining nc but with a higher volume the request has to be rising too that it not lost at parity (it needs to be established too). What really needs a currency or a stock? - It needs to belive in it!

That the difficult grows as fast as the bitcoin difficult - I don´t think so. Many people who mining btc don´t swich to mining nc. On the other hand btc has establiched a great calculating-power wich can swich easily for a moment. I think it´s like silver to gold. Another result would make me really happy.
khal wrote:Will namecoin exceed the parity or drop ? :p
Sorry that I awnser with a request.You´re one of the developer I think (I hope there are more than one). What do you think about it? You should know more than we do.

Bulkin

Post by Bulkin »

Namecoin needs:
– Good GUI
– Beautiful official site, understandable for people
What popularity or prices can we talk about without these two basic things?
And the hand-painted logo... Maybe it's nice, but I think it's better to create something more serious