COINSTASH.BIT

haiqu

COINSTASH.BIT

Post by haiqu »

Could the squatter on this domain contact me if he's willing to sell. I own the corresponding .NET domain.

Edit for clarity: I have already emailed virtcoin@gmail.com and received no reply.

biolizard89

Re: COINSTASH.BIT

Post by biolizard89 »

haiqu wrote:Could the squatter on this domain contact me if he's willing to sell. I own the corresponding .NET domain.

Edit for clarity: I have already emailed virtcoin@gmail.com and received no reply.
If you fail to get a reply, one trick which sometimes works is to create a name (doesn't matter what namespace), give it a value that has a message for the squatter, and transfer the name to the address which currently owns the squatted name. It will show up in the squatter's wallet GUI, and hopefully they'll notice it. (They'll even get a popup notification from their taskbar.) No guarantees of success, but registering a new name is pretty cheap, so not much to lose.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

haiqu

Re: COINSTASH.BIT

Post by haiqu »

This one expired today and I managed to register it 15 transactions after expiry. The previous owner seemed to be online at the time because he was actively renewing many other domains, but did not renew this one.

So, whoever you are, many thanks.