RPC interface / raw transactions for safe name trading

https://www.namecoin.org/dot-bit/
snailbrain

Re: RPC interface / raw transactions for safe name trading

Post by snailbrain »

now this is done - how can someone list a name for sale, which is visible to others?

e.g. is it possible to have some values for a name like forsale=yes, yet also the client know that it is actually for sale - i.e. half the tx is already available - and also ability for the seller to revoke it

obviously this is a step by step process -
and good work from both domob and phelix

but, it's needed in the QT (imo ;d)-- I think this would give namecoin a well needed boost
(common sense image below)
excuse crude mspaint ;)

i know previously when I posted some people weren't to positive about it being in the QT - although it could just be a seperate repo or a switch to enable when compile?

anyway - I think we can possibly offer a decent bounty from Huntercoin for it - it should be then easy to port over (for domob :lol: ) -- but, this would need to be in the (or other) QT to be eligible for the bounty

phelix

Post by phelix »

snailbrain wrote:now this is done - how can someone list a name for sale, which is visible to others?

e.g. is it possible to have some values for a name like forsale=yes, yet also the client know that it is actually for sale - i.e. half the tx is already available - and also ability for the seller to revoke it

obviously this is a step by step process -
and good work from both domob and phelix

but, it's needed in the QT (imo ;d)-- I think this would give namecoin a well needed boost
(common sense image below)
excuse crude mspaint ;)

i know previously when I posted some people weren't to positive about it being in the QT - although it could just be a seperate repo or a switch to enable when compile?

anyway - I think we can possibly offer a decent bounty from Huntercoin for it - it should be then easy to port over (for domob :lol: ) -- but, this would need to be in the (or other) QT to be eligible for the bounty
It certainly would be nice. But it would probably be much easier to create it externally, e.g. in an NMControl http GUI.

Alternatively it might be a good solution to put it into a modified Bitmessage version for anonymous exchange of offers (btw: a modified Bitmessage version using id/names EVERYHWHERE would be nice, too).

I don't think we should bloat the blockchain with offers, should we? Then we could do everything inside Namecoin.
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

offers would be done offchain

only set values for sale would be saved in the name value

but, i don't understand enough to know if the "half of tx" takes up significant space

--

ultimately needs to be insanely easy for none crypto people - like purchasing names is in the qt

phelix

Post by phelix »

snailbrain wrote:offers would be done offchain

but, i don't understand enough to know if the "half of tx" takes up significant space
Unfortunately only the buyer can create the unfinished atomic tx... but the seller could just write a price he would sell for in the value.
ultimately needs to be insanely easy for none crypto people - like purchasing names is in the qt
+1
nx.bit - some namecoin stats
nf.bit - shortcut to this forum

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

snailbrain wrote:offers would be done offchain

Unfortunately only the buyer can create the unfinished atomic tx... but the seller could just write a price he would sell for in the value.
ok thanks, now understand it :) (or at least what i need to know) - i'll read the wiki next time

will think some more <3

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

we can use khals sendmessagetoname thing which hasn't been added yet - for offers?
think he suggested this at one point

not sure how it works :)

biolizard89

Post by biolizard89 »

I think Bitmessage is pretty well suited to trade negotiation / discovery. Probably easier to use that than to reinvent the wheel.
Jeremy Rand, Lead Namecoin Application Engineer
NameID: id/jeremy
DyName: Dynamic DNS update client for .bit domains.

Donations: BTC 1EcUWRa9H6ZuWPkF3BDj6k4k1vCgv41ab8 ; NMC NFqbaS7ReiQ9MBmsowwcDSmp4iDznjmEh5

snailbrain

Post by snailbrain »

biolizard89 wrote:I think Bitmessage is pretty well suited to trade negotiation / discovery. Probably easier to use that than to reinvent the wheel.
after more thought.. probably yes :/
i just thought it would be ultimate to have name trading in the QT..
I think it would make name trading 100x more popular than if they have to use bitmessage as well.

Maybe it's time to make namecoin Sedo :)

sudoquai

Post by sudoquai »

snailbrain wrote:
biolizard89 wrote:I think Bitmessage is pretty well suited to trade negotiation / discovery. Probably easier to use that than to reinvent the wheel.
I think it would make name trading 100x more popular than if they have to use bitmessage as well.

+++1 for Name Trading - and its OVER time to make Namecoin Sedo ;) Just do it. Its a big game changer together with renewal fees. A squatters dream (or better said domaintraders dream - both sides will be satisfied)

Best regards,

Sudo.
NameID: id/sudo.wonder >>> Namecoin @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/namecoin.org

domob

Post by domob »

sudoquai wrote:
snailbrain wrote:

+++1 for Name Trading - and its OVER time to make Namecoin Sedo ;) Just do it. Its a big game changer together with renewal fees. A squatters dream (or better said domaintraders dream - both sides will be satisfied)
I fully agree here that atomic name trading could be "the next big thing" for Namecoin. The foundations are already there with my RPC extensions (already merged for some time - see also my workflow description on the wiki) and phelix' command-line scripts. Now it just takes someone to build a UI to it, ideally together with a system to broadcast offers. :)
BTC: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS
Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/